Source for Swiss Powder in Houston, TX?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

taw1126

Source for Swiss Powder in Houston, TX?

Post by taw1126 »

My attempts to become a Sharps shooter have come full circle over the last 11 months...a good story but probably best left for another thread index.

I was wondering if any fellow Texans know if the "standard" shooting suppliers in Houston (Carter Country, Bass Pro, any others?) carry Swiss powder? Can I buy this stuff locally somewhere or do I have to mail order it?

Thanks,
Trey
Dead Eye Dick

Post by Dead Eye Dick »

I know a chap that works in the DPS crime lab in Houston. Maybe they have some locked up there.
Mail order BP into Houston sounds way scarry to me. They bad guys probably use plastic anyhow...... :shock:

Dick in vicinity of the Capital of The Republic of Texas ( we were a country afore we were a state) :lol:
TriKiDiki
The more I practice the luckier I get.
A wanna B Shilo Rifle Owner.
Dead Eye Dick

Post by Dead Eye Dick »

I know a chap that works in the DPS crime lab in Houston. Maybe they have some locked up there.
Mail order BP into Houston sounds way scarry to me. They bad guys probably use plastic anyhow...... :shock:

Dick in vicinity of the Capital of The Republic of Texas ( we were a country afore we were a state) :lol:
TriKiDiki
Radar

Post by Radar »

Closest place for you.
http://www.powderinc.com/order.htm#swiss[url][/url]
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

try foutian firearms on hwy 6 i know they handle goex mite handle swiss
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1
taw1126

Post by taw1126 »

Thanks gentlemen. Maybe I should start retailing this stuff locally, because I'm sure there's a big enough BPCR contingent in Houston to support it.

Dick:
Are you in the vicinity of our Republic's capital, or in it? As liberal as it is I try not to get too close unless it's for a Thanksgiving Day football game...

Trey
Dead Eye Dick

Post by Dead Eye Dick »

Trey,
:lol: I live just North in Williamson County which is a conservative as Austin is liberal. Most folks in the greater Austin metro area know that breaking the law in Williamson County will earn you some time in the county lockup.
TriKiDiki
taw1126

Post by taw1126 »

Dick:
As you could probably tell from my post my blood runs maroon (and my 3-year old has heard the Aggie Band enough to lead the War Hymn, if needed). I like to poke fun at the hippies in your neck of the woods at any and every opportunity.
KHR

Post by KHR »

Taw & Deadeye,
I have bought powder from powder inc. really good folks. I'm willing to go in on a case of swiss 1.5 if anyone is interested (i'd take 10-15 cans). None of the places in Austin stock swiss.
:-)
keith
btw: I bleed burnt orange, have season tickets. Redistricting has helped getting some better reps for Austin, dogett, (one of the biggest 2nd ammendment enemies around) has only a small part now.
Some originals and some Shilohs.
Molon Labe