Definition of FRUSTRATION

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bubba

Definition of FRUSTRATION

Post by bubba »

After 14 months, I finally got "THE CALL" a week ago Monday. My rifle was ready to ship, should be delivered to my local dealer on Wednesday. I got all excited, got out the 45-70 dies, arranged a couple hundred rounds of brass in neat little rows on the loading bench, even arranged to slip off from work a little early that day. :D
Everything went along just fine until about noon Wednesday, when I noticed I wasn't feeling too good. Nothing serious, just kind of a heavy, burning feeling in my chest, running up into my neck and down 1 arm. :? No big deal, it'll go away in a little while.
Anyhow, about 3:00 that afternoon as I was lying face-down in an alley beside my truck, I decided maybe it wasn't going to go away :shock: and I ought to try to get some help.
The 6 days that have passed since then have been very educational. I got to go for my 1st helicoptor ride. I learned lots of new words , like "cardiac catheter", "angioplasty" and "stent". I found out that ICU nurses are generally nice people, but get plumb excited if you unplug one of those little wires they've got taped to ya at 2 am.
But, to get to the point of this whole post, I was finally able - with some help - to pick up my new rifle yesterday. The problem is, the Dr. says I'm not to lift over 10 lbs for the next several weeks. So here I sit, with what may possibly be one of the most beautiful rifles ever built, and I CAN'T EVEN PICK THE DAMN THING UP TO LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

Hang in there Bubba. Follow the doctors orders and heal up well. You'll be blowing clouds of white smoke downrange soon enough.

Keep us posted on how you ar doing.
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"
Kev

Post by Kev »

Bubba - I'm sorry to hear you are feeling ill. Had a similar scare a few months ago. Turned out an infection in my gums got into my blood stream and gave me heart attack-like symptoms.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Kev
Bad Ass Wallace

Post by Bad Ass Wallace »

Isn't that what wives ar there for. In sickness & health, thou shall help hubby appreciate his new rifle :lol:

A speedy recovery and get well soon.
Hold still Varmint, while I plugs yer!
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Bubba, as we talked earlier, you take care boy. We're all waiting to hear the shooting reports on that beauty.

Bad Ass,
Man, I really like your philosophy of life!! :wink:
Lee Stone
nohorse

Post by nohorse »

Bubba: Been there...done that. I spent last Thanksgiving in ICU. Ended up there about 3 in the afternoon. Man, it sucks!!! So, have ya seen your Sharps yet?
Shiloh #1!
Guns:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, 30 inch heavy octagon with MVA mid range soule and MVA spirit level sights
45-70 Hartford Model, 30 inch heavy octagon with Axtell Hartford Transition and MVA combination sights [the hunter!!]
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Bubba:

Hope you get better soon. Enjoy looking at your beautiful rifle, and before long you'll be out shoot'in it.

Take care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
bubba

Post by bubba »

Guys
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm doing pretty much EXACTLY what they tell me I can do. Everything is still fresh enough in my memory to keep me spooked into behaving myself. The big problem is gonna be the fact that they did such a good job, I don't feel like there's anything wrong.
nohorse - I got to come home on Sunday, picked the Sharps up (with help) on Monday. It's still on the dining room table where we put it when we came in. The wife says about once every hour I walk up, look at it for a minute, reach out and touch it with one finger, then wander off with this silly grin on my face..... I guess i waited 14 months to get it, I can wait a couple more to shoot it
Ya'll take care
RMulhern

Frustration

Post by RMulhern »

I'll say a little prayer for your quick recovery tonight bubba!

Mind the Doctor!! :lol: :shock: :lol:
50 Calshtr

Post by 50 Calshtr »

Bubba,
Know how you feel. 10 or so years ago I had shoulder surgury a week before my 577 double rifle arrived. After a month I finally got to the range and shot it left handed using a stepladder to rest the barrels on and a friend to reload. YOU TOO SHALL PREVAIL!
Best.
Dave Shaw

Post by Dave Shaw »

Bubba,

If this is what happens to you when getting a Shiloh, I'll have mine delivered to the hospital :D That way I can at least look at it while recovering and it'll save the trip to the gun shop.

Hope it all goes well for you.
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Hey Bubba, just where in S. IL are you?? I'm in SEMO, around Sikeston. Just do like they tell you and you'll be making stink and smoke in no time at all. Well, I ment like shooting your black powder rifle!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Hang in there, you'll be fine if you just listen.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

:arrow: BUBBA, That shiney new rifle can wait for you to recover so take it easy and think of the enjoyment to come. Get well and make smoke. Rbump :D
bubba

Post by bubba »

Dave - Having it delivered to the hospital would probably work better than the way I did it. The nurses in the ER all look at you kinda funny when you tell them " call my wife and tell her whats going on - and tell her to call the gun shop before she leaves"
Bumper - The rifle and I are using using this time to "bond". I can't pick it up yet (10 lb limit on what I'm allowed to lift), but I can look at it, touch it, talk to it.....the wife isn't too sure she likes being referred to as "gunbearer", but she's getting used to it.
Ken - It looks like shooting the rifle is the only smoke I'm gonna be making from here on out. I'm sitting here reading the directions on a box of nicotine patches as I type this. BTW - If you make it to the shoot at Boaz on the 29th, I plan to bring it down and show it off. I doubt I'll be shooting it by then - I go back to the Dr the 26th, and even if he releases me, I don't think I can work up a load in 2 days - but I'm still gonna drag it down there so everybody can see it.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Bubba,

How about posting a picture of your new rifle? I can't speak for everyone here, but I would sure like to see it. "I'll show you mine" :roll: Just click on my "www" website button at the bottom of this post. I don't have a website to show off, but I sure enjoy showing off the picture of my first Shiloh Sharps (My second one will hopefully go into production soon in June.).
Lee Stone