Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Re: Wolf Publising

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you Steve! Much Agreed!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Steve's right, a magazine without a subscription base won't last long.
Not sure what the ruckus is about on not getting a magazine in the mail, until after it shows up on a magazine rack. Especially since this one is only published quarterly, you do have 3 months to read it before the next edition comes out, so it's not like you're going to miss anything if it isn't in the mailbox a few days before one of the regular contributors said he was expecting a couple of good articles he submitted to come out "sometime in December"
Going to be a long damn winter at this rate with the cabin fever whiner threads starting already.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Don McDowell wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 am Steve's right, a magazine without a subscription base won't last long.
Not sure what the ruckus is about on not getting a magazine in the mail, until after it shows up on a magazine rack. Especially since this one is only published quarterly, you do have 3 months to read it before the next edition comes out, so it's not like you're going to miss anything if it isn't in the mailbox a few days before one of the regular contributors said he was expecting a couple of good articles he submitted to come out "sometime in December"
Going to be a long damn winter at this rate with the cabin fever whiner threads starting already.
Yea, that was my point exactly to a tee. Pissed off because the magazine rack got their issue before I did.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
BFD

Post by BFD »

I sense sarcasm hanging heavy in the air...
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

When I called today they said the fall issue I should have got in late August early September which I did not or the wife threw it in the trash. They are getting another out. The winter issue is at the publisher and will be out by the end of the month. It’s such a good magazine I bet the mail man keeps it for himself. I’ll have to have a chat with him. I bet he denies it.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

I can't remember where it was we were living at the time but by the time I got my subscriptions the corners were all rolled up and there were coffee stains throughout. Where we live now there are only women at the small post office and it comes through like new. I can't speak about Wolf Publishing as I let my subscription to BPCN lapse some time ago. At $13.00 per copy it just didn't make sense. My fault for living in the Great White North. :)

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
lefteye

Post by lefteye »

Printed newspapers, magazines and books are on a fast decline.
In a relatively short while people will say: "can you imagine, they bought paper with handwritten or printed letters on them and called it letter, newspaper, magazine or book........weird historic stuff" :roll:
keep smiling :D
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Got mine today
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

I really don't understand the thought processes at Wolff Publishing. The printing and binding quality has improved but the customer service has declined. I missed the summer and fall issues and never once got a renewal notice. It used to be that you had a reminder of this being your last issue on the outside slip cover. It took this thread to remind me that I haven't received a magazine lately.--Mike.
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

SFogler wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:05 pm We are participants in a small, niche sport and are fortunate enough to also have a magazine (not a social media account, but actual print) dedicated to us the shooters - the fastest way to change that is don't provide the publisher with a predictable and steady revenue source i.e. a subscription.
Hey Steve,
While your point is well taken , but we just have a difference of opinion on it. (I respect your opinion so don't take this the wrong way.)
My opinion is I believe that the fastest way to change the small fortunate magazine to us shooters is the publisher screw the pooch on getting subscriptions out to those who have already gave them their steady steam of revenue, thus forth creating a bunch of subscribers like myself, and quite a few others from the sounds of it, to just drop the subscription.

Was my initial post to go on here and bitch about their service, hell yes. Was it to gain vengeance from making a few phone calls, give me a break. Was it to dissuade other readers from ordering a subscription, sure, that's my goal to destroy Wolf publishing and all they do for our shooting sports with all the magazines they publish. Again pathetic. God forbid anyone ever go on here and complain about something, should I have asked if anyone else is having issues, probably, but I doubt that would be good enough for the keyboard kops. Last I knew Kirk and Lucinda were the only names in red listed as moderators.

Even though we get bent out of shape from our perceptions of the posts of others from time to time, I still find myself saying, Cody lit into me like there's no tomorrow, I still want to make the trip and shoot at his facility someday when time allows.

Once again a few readers will miss half my point and others will miss it entirely and a few will just get pissed and type something.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

VectorMan,
OR we can just ask if a lot of us are experiencing problems with a publisher by using the forum just as you did. Good job on that part. Now that we see there is a wider problem all of us can make a call to the publisher right away. Let's see if they are responsive to a lot of calls in a short period of time. The calls should be polite but firm about them doing a better job getting their magazine sent out. Who knows? Maybe they will realize they have a big problem that will cost them in the pocket book and fix it. One thing I've found about the people who support our sport is that they generally try to do the right thing if given a chance. If Wolf doesn't respond, then we can all go to Walmart or buy at Amazon who has current and back issues for $8.99. And shooting at Cody's is always a pleasure... hope to do that again soon.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Kevin
We have a saying..." If they don't serve you they don't deserve you."
It's the little things that count.
Today i called Wyoming Armory and asked a couple of questions. I learned more about an 1885 rifle in a few minutes than i ever thought possible. My long and expensive list was whittled down by a VERY knowledgeable and honest employee. They have my business forever now.
Some businesses are still customer oriented and i don't mind paying more for good service.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I am sorry I apparently sounded so strongly. I truly did not mean it that way and had we been in person I would have said the same thing and we both would have smiled. As my name is on the list inside the cover of contributing writers and I talk to Steve fairly frequently about magazine matters, I felt the need to defend it. I can tell you that even though they don't post, all of the comments are seen, and they are taken more to heart than people may realize. We are not going to break any of them to lead, they are only going to quit. There is not enough money in BPCR to fight for it. If there is not an appreciative and receptive audience, they will simply put the assets toward another venue that makes more money. Match directors spend a lot of time and effort trying to build relationships with sponsors and soliciting donations. They like to give to appreciative and receptive places that spread positive information about them. I will always stick up for any of our sponsors and friends of the BPCR world.

Once again, I have no idea where many of you seem to get the idea that some of us act as moderators. We have no power to remove or block posts! You are completely free to post whatever you want, and I am completely free to counter it if I don't agree. That is what makes great discussion! These apparent attempts to silence opposition is a bunch of bs. If you can't tolerate someone disagreeing with you, don't post!
You guys have a nice night, I am through.
take care, Cody
lefteye

Post by lefteye »

Some of you guys are way to serious with this magazine late arrival issue.
The publisher has many employees and several departments. The distribution department screwed up - it's called human error. Tell them about it and not bitch here. :mrgreen:
keep smiling :D
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I have dealt with Wolfe Publishing for many years getting Rifle and Handloader magazine and now the BPCNews. I have never had a problem over the years. I have always renewed by phone with a real person and they seem very professional. I got my Winter issue today. I have no idea if it is on the magazine rack at the bookstore yet and I don't care.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"