Let's Talk About Disassembly Some More...

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

taw1126

Let's Talk About Disassembly Some More...

Post by taw1126 »

I wasn't very clear in my first post asking about how difficult disassembly of a Sharps rifle is. I do NOT have a new Shiloh, and obviously wouldn't have any reason to suspect that Shiloh failed to properly assemble or lubricate a new rifle. Also, I've got a complete set of Brownell's Magna-Tip screwdrivers so I think I can find properly ground bits to fit the screws.

What I've got is an original Business 45. (SIDEBAR: I placed an order for a Shiloh Business Rifle on April 23, 2003 and when it was supposed to go into production in October things around here had degraded to the point that I couldn't afford to pay for it without charging it, something I don't want to start doing. Things are better now and I was therefore able to acquire an original Business Rifle in April 2004 that shipped in April 1879, 125 years before I got it and 1 year after I ordered a Shiloh BR. Was that meant to be or what? By the way, I also placed an order for another Shiloh Business Rifle this April.)

Back on topic: the action and set triggers seem to work fine using snap caps/dummy rounds, but I'd like some insurance against things breaking unexpectedly. I thought disassembling and oiling everything would be a good idea, but I've never taken a Sharps down before and don't want to mess anything up.

So, should I attempt to do this or not? If the answer is "yes" does anyone have some instructions they can point me to?

Trey