Kremlin. September, 1990

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Canoe112

Kremlin. September, 1990

Post by Canoe112 »

All,

On the "Gunny" Board I had committed to post a few selected photos from my post to the Kremlin during Desert Shield.

All individuals that are viewable in the photos are either myself or Soviets. The only exception is Nick Katzenbach who is so well known, and respected, that posting one photo will not affect Nick one way or the other.

Facts I have stated on Shiloh Forums and the "Gunny" Board were learned here.

Lastly, if we have any members who were tasked to taking out SAM sites during the initial days of Desert Storm, either from the air or from the ground, I'd be interested in speaking with you.

The site is http://canoe112.skepticalbeliever.com/

The above site will be active for 30 days.

Regards,

Hal
IronSight

Post by IronSight »

Canoe,
I tried accessing the site and nothing happens! Just a blank screen with some text. I also don't see my modem's read-data LED active. Waited a minute or so and gave up.
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT WORK..AT LEAST MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!!
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

Ironsight,

Are you on Dial Up???

The guy that built, and hosts, the site for me is a Flash Media Designer, so he built it in Flash. (Which was not my first choice.)

1. You may need the newest version of "Macromedia Flash Player" which is available here:

http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

2. The Dial up may take a while to load. I am on Broadband and loading requires about 30 seconds.

Try the above steps, if it does not work for you write back and I'll get my guy to find a solution.

I just accessed the site, so I am certain it is working.

Thanks,

Hal
LJBass

Post by LJBass »

Hal,
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing the history.
Regards, LJ
RichBratlee

Post by RichBratlee »

Thanks Hal--Just one word---WOW!

Rich
SHILOH 1
USN EM1 (78-83)
Sporter#3 45-70 military butt 34" standard MVA Long range and MVA standard front insert

People with weapons are citizens: People without are subjects!!
Josh A.

Photos

Post by Josh A. »

Those are really nice pictures. Can you remind me how all that came up on Gunny's dead board? Was it an ugly pissing match or what? I don't know about you but I am in search of a way of getting away from those stupid fusses on the boards. I just let a moron get me mad on another board and I ended up being sorry I ever replied. You bop a nit-wit that is full of crap and you end up covered in it.

Yikes!

Take care,

Josh
No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: “The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!”

I hadn’t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

Josh,

Let's just say a couple of gentlemen questioned the authenticity of some comments I have made regarding what the US knew in 1990 regarding then pending terrorism.

Well, I know at least a portion of what the US knew in 1990. I know because my Friends in the photos told me directly. Nothing I have posted on Shiloh or any Forum is subject to any Governmental Classification.

My site was merely to prove I was not lying. Posting the site was an integrity issue with me.

It is fine when folks say I don't know BS regarding BPCR. Because in truth, they are correct.

But, when I spoke on international matters, I didn't like that it was implied by some that I was a liar.

Regards,

Hal

PS. And Yes, I still talk with my Friends.