Wasserburger ranch weather report

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Michael Johnson

Wasserburger ranch weather report

Post by Michael Johnson »

Hey Kenny! Looking forward to the shoot next week. What has the weather been like? How cold at night? Erich and I will be tent camping. - Mike
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Mike,

It has been getting down into the 30's some nights and low 40's.

You can never tell about Wyoming!

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

As long as it's not raining. Been doing that here every other day it seems for the last four weeks. Be nice to enjoy a whole week without it.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
stepnmud

Post by stepnmud »

M.J., I'd just like to comment, I'm glad to hear there are still folks that like to tent camp. I had an experience a couple years ago while tent camping along side a whole lot of RV'ers, It had rained the biggest part of the nite and everything was soaked including the firewood that folks had stashed for the morning camp fires. I had a bag of smoked hichory chips and some lighter fluid inside my tent and first thing in the morning, proceded to fire up my cowboy coffee pot just outside my tent and was percolating coffee in just a few minutes. Had a good chuckle when I overheard the older couple next door say something like " he must be a heck of a fire starter" as they gave up on the camp fire idea and went inside to fire up the kitchen. :D

by the way how's that 2.6 working?
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

The 2.6 works good. I am bringing the 2.6 and the 45-70 to Kenny's. Most of my distance shooting has been 500 yards at Machias. I have 475 rounds of ammo to experiment with. Mainly I want to get some wind experience and get some dope for both rifles past 500 yards. They both have scope blocks so some of the dope will be for MVA scope. I just want to learn from some of the other folks and have a good time. My shooting partner Erich bought a big ass tent from Cabelas. It sounds like the Taj Mahal. Even has a stove with a stove pipe. We will be living high on the hog. We will even have enough room for a gunroom! Ha ha! - Mike