New to the board

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DL

New to the board

Post by DL »

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just sent in a check to Bill Goodman for a 45-110 Quigley. Expected birth is Oct 15th. I've been shooting for over 35 years and just retired from the Federal Government after 32 years this past Oct. My main interests are rifle shooting however if you check my gun safe I have an equal amount of 1911's there as well. I got a Bowning BPCR in 45-70 just as Browning decided to stop making them. So far all I've shot is smokeless. I also just picked up a Marlin 1895 Guide gun in 45-70. I'm looking forward to the 45-110 and shooting black powder. Currently I reload all that I shoot, from .17 Rem up to 45-70 (there's .223, 22-250 and a 308 in there as well).

I'm located in Tucson AZ and looking forward to hearing fom all of you. Please help me transition into the world of BP. I've got so many questions but at the same time I also don't know where to begin or what to ask so please be kind.

DL
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Welcome DL to the best forum on the internet. Just start by reading a lot of old post, you'll come up with a lot of questions. :lol:
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Bad Ass Wallace

Post by Bad Ass Wallace »

Attend some shoots and introduce yourself, we're all friendly folks and always like to keep the BP fever going by giving new lads a shot or ten.
Hold still Varmint, while I plugs yer!
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

DL:
Welcome. I've also been loading and shooting for over thirty years. Loading BP cartridges presented a new learning curve. I had never cast bullets so this was also an adventure.

Perhaps the biggest change on my loading bench was the replacement of my RCBS Rockchucker with a Lyman Mag II turret press.

Your 45-110 cartridges will have an OAL of around 3.750 inches. Not every loading press on the market can accomodate that length. Good luck.
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"