MVA scopes:

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TYRVR

MVA scopes:

Post by TYRVR »

In the past few weeks, I have mounted three of the MVA scopes for friends and customers, these are serious systems! mounting is done by mounting two "blocks" like used on Unertl, Fecker, Redfield, Litshertz and other true "target" scopes...... the screws and blocks come with the scope, they are the same standard 6X48 threads as used in the gun industry, so if you do not have the required #31 drill and 6X48 "starting" and "bottoming tap"- you will need to buy them from Brownells or other supplier. READ the instructions very carefully about the distancing between the blocks, as the value of the adjustments are affected by the distancing, this is CRITICAL! also, have someone help you set the eye relief before spotting the blocks for drilling. I have one small gripe about the paperwork that comes with the scopes.....it is NOT complete in the directions for adjusting, in fact unless you really look close at the adjusting knobs....and sift thru the sparse directions.....you will completely miss the "MOA" and 1/5 "MOA
"ticks" on the top of the elevation knob altogether! I did!
BUT! once you get the adjusting figured out...the little 6X tube is awesome! If what is happening here in my area is any indication.....these scopes are going to be popular!
If you get the chance....look one over, and maybe the owner will allow you to shoot a few rounds ....if so, you too may be drilling and tapping the top of a barrel soon.

Ol'Tye,
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"