Looks like a long wait!!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Dean:

I'm green with envey. I will continue to look for one. Maybe someday Shiloh will offer that caliber again. (Hint, Hint) ;-) At 35 rounds per pound, that still cheaper than a cannon, and I doubt you would ever shoot that much in a day unless you had a lot of masochitic friends. Besides, if I wanted to save money shooting I'd buy foreign.

Maybe someday........................ the hunt continues. :-)

Take Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

thats one of the problems with it when I start shootin it I dont want to stop and I usually wind up out of powder before I quit . its just a vicious circle but a fun one....................enjoy ................Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

I think I'll be quite happy with my .50/90 when it gets here. If I were to ever decide on a .50/140 I would want it with the wheels already mounted and a Jeep or HumVee to pull it behind. :lol:
Lee Stone
Jimilner4570

Post by Jimilner4570 »

Texas Shooter
Get in touch with Mike Percival at michaelpercival@msn.com. The last time I saw Mike he had a Shiloh (early of course) in 50/140 that was for sale.
his phone is 503-363-6838

Jim Milner (trigger Dr)
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

I must admit to being somewhat confused by what is now termed a "wait" for a Shiloh. Back in 1998/1999 while I was utilizing a borrowed BPCR at matches, the "wait" was 4 1/2 years. By the time I decided to order a Shiloh in 1999 the "wait" was 5 years. I finally went through a broker and got mine in about 13 months, which was considered a short "wait" at the time. Awhile back, I heard there was no "wait" and that one could even buy Shilohs over the counter. Now we seem to be creeping back into this "wait" thing again. I would love to get another one, this time in something like .50/90, but it seems that they are getting out of reach again. I don't feel like greasing another broker. Do the Shilohs we possess appreciate? Are they ever worth more than we have in them? I would never get rid of mine but I guess I am just curious. The market for them seems somewhat confusing even though in my opinion they are the best BPCR out there. If I ever get another one it will be a Shiloh.
Bo Alley

Post by Bo Alley »

Funny thing about the 'wait', its all relative. I put my order in 6/03 and was expecting it to be here by now... However a good friend tells me he was in the 5 yr wait several years ago so I feel lucky. BTW, same friend placed a recent order a day ahead of me and was a payment in full. He just happened to be selected to fill in a floor opening over yours truly with a deposit only!

Bo Alley
A craftsman makes his own schedule!
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Dear Jim:

Many thanks for the information. I sent off an email to him this evening. If it is a decent price, I will see what I can do to make it mine.

This forum is a wonderful resource.

Thank's Shiloh. and thank you Jim.

Take Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Jim:

Heard from Mike. He sold the Shiloh 50-140 not to long ago.

Regardless, I appreciate the tip.

Regards,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"