PACT or 1Balance201?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Gregg Simon

PACT or 1Balance201?

Post by Gregg Simon »

I have a Pact digital scale and after sending it back once I still find it is not consistent. Have also read many of the solutions to getting digital scales to read consistently, ie air flow, etc. These types of "cures" are not the problem with my scale. It just won't return the same weights on a regular basis. Have seen a few posts somewhere on the net about the virtues of the iBalance 201.

Is the 201 really more accurate and consistent than the Pact? After surfing My Weigh's website I find that this scale measures approximately 7" x 5". This is somewhat larger than the Pact and with benchtop space being at a premium, does anyone know if My Weigh makes a smaller one with the same accuracy and maximum load capacity as the 201?

Experiences and opinions?
Best vendor to buy from?

Gregg
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Just send Powderburner (Dean) a PM and he will send you the info you need. I bought the Ibal 201 and it's so dammed accurate you can weigh your decisions on it!! :wink:
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
RANGER RICK

Post by RANGER RICK »

I also have a I bal201 and it is very accurate . Have never considered on weighing my decisions on it :shock: I'm sure it can't hurt :?:
This is a very good scale hands down .
RR
Practice does not make perfect !! Perfect practice makes perfect !!!!!!
Bombay club

Post by Bombay club »

I just recieved my iBAL201 today,I have been trying for the last 1hr to try to stabilize it,it shows zero just fine but when I load it up it will not stop at one reading,any suggestions would be appreciated.thanks :cry: :cry:
Smokin

Post by Smokin »

Bombay club,

You could try the old carpenter's trick and threaten it with a 2x4. Are you sure that the scale in not just hunting for a reading on something that weighs right at xx.05 gr.? I have a couple of electronic scales and have seen that happen many times. The scale is trying to resolve how to deal with half of a tenth of a grain (truncate-round off; round off-truncate...) and finds itself perched squarely on the fence, unable to make up its chip. Have you tried weighing some other item to see if that cures the apparent vacillation or does it do the horny dog routine with every thing you've tried?

Inquiring minds aren't that helpful, but would like to know how it works out; good luck,
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.
RANGER RICK

Post by RANGER RICK »

Bombay club

Did you calibrate it when you received it ?? not that that has anything to do with it , it might . Do you have it on a soft surface or hard ?? Mine came with a mouse pad to sit it on when using it ,I guess the soft surface helps it , not sure but it works for mine . No help at all am I !!!!!!!!

RR
Practice does not make perfect !! Perfect practice makes perfect !!!!!!
Bombay club

Post by Bombay club »

guys after reading the different suggestions this is what I tried (1,)I could'nt find a 2x4 so I just pointed my buffalo shooter at it (2)I cussed as loudly as I could for about five minutes,felt a little better (3)took my computer mouse pad & put it under the scale (4) prayed loudly for five mins for my misery to end (since this is the second scale in two weeks,the first was a pact that would'nt caliberate). (5)powered the scale back on,proceeded to caliberate it,zeroed it & put a load on to measure it (6)there must be a god up there,since now it does'nt hunt to stabilize from .1 to .8 of a grain it hunts from .1 to .5,gosh darn it! :evil:

haven't seen the horny dog either since she ran off last sunday believe it or not.
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

bombay club,
if you are haveing scale problems here are a few things to try
1 let it stabilize for 24 hrs where you are using it
2 turn off all electronic things around it . cell phones ,computers other transformer run things
3 make sure you dont have any drafts , fan or open windows
4 dont breath on it or move your arms across it rapidly ,creates air currents .
5 make sure it is LEVEL and dosnt rock on the table
6 make sure it is above 65 degrees when using
if this still doesnt let it zero and stay there than try it with batterys if it still doesnt do right by you send it back.
I usually send a few back every month that I check and that dont come up to snuff. if you have any other questions you can call or e- mail me I am a dealer for them. ....................................Dean Decker
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Dean I was just wondering if flourescent lights bother the 201??
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

they can if they are plugged into the same outlet for sure like a bench light .and may if on the same circuit as the scale but not near as bad if the ballast is on the cieling as it will if the ballast in the light is right over the bench as in under the shelf . 4 or 5 feet away is plenty good .
I have my bench outlets on a separate circuit than my tumbling equipment but still turn off the vibratory tumbler when I use mine I also unplug anything else in the outlet it is pluged into but my reloading room is only 10 x12 and has a wood floor also being LEVEL and STEADY is important. if your bench moves when you bump it the scale will get jumpy,and need to reset itself. These things are not a problem if you are aware of them and be concious of them when weighing.....Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Bombay club

scales

Post by Bombay club »

:shock: I have come to the conclusion that the problem laid not in the scale but in the nut trying to make it work in a house full of crazy electronics,

powderburner,I appreciate the information that you posted,it was educational,thanks