Texas 22BPCRA Championship

Do you have a shoot or special event coming up soon? Tell us here.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

Re: Texas 22BPCRA Championship

Post by TexasMac » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Glen Ring wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:10 pm
I have often wondered about matches that announce irons or scope in the match program. If Wayne wanted to shoot everything but chickens with a scope, but pulled off the scope and shot chickens with iron sights...would that be acceptable ?
Wayne wouldn't do that but even if Wayne would like to, as I understand the rules, changing between irons & a scope is not allowed during a sanctioned match. And the reason is scope shooters have an advantage over iron shooters. :roll: :lol: But there you go trying to get me in trouble again and I took the bait :wink:

BTW, in a non-sanctioned match I would assume it would be up to the match director.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:27 pm

Just a thought...and by "sanctioned' you mean NRA sanctioned I guess. Every one of my partners were trouble makers with Policy. I had one that wanted to legally change his name to the major's name, wear double ear rings because female officers did and when turned down on the double ear rings he said " so where does policy stand on double nipple rings?? Man we all had a laugh until..yep, he was a Policy tester.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.

Tebbeman

Post by Tebbeman » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:43 pm

***UPDATE***

We are about 60 days out and the match is at 50% capacity....so if you're interested in shooting this match, please get your entry form in now...local competitors listen up as once its filled....well its filled.

Secondly, although this will be an any sight competition we will have a grand prize for the Top Scope shooter and the Top Iron shooter...a custom trophy buckle (sorry Vectorman but Texans like buckles) will be awarded to each. Also although there will be prizes, the majority of this matches proceeds are going to pay for new banks of RESETTABLE TARGETS! :D :D Yep, HOTSA is stepping up its game.

Come on out as the fellowship and stories alone are worth the entry....not to mention some awesome head to head shooting. Plus you get to watch our Wyoming guests sweat in the "Texas heat" while others will be wearing long sleeves. See you shortly.

KT
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!

VectorMan

Post by VectorMan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Tebbeman wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:43 pm
***UPDATE***

Secondly, although this will be an any sight competition we will have a grand prize for the Top Scope shooter and the Top Iron shooter...a custom trophy buckle (sorry Vectorman but Texans like buckles) will be awarded to each.

KT
Oh I know they do! I was raised on a registered quarter horse ranch ran by my parents. I cleaned horse stalls from the age of 5 til I was 18.
I know your matches are a class act and wish I could make it. A few of us shooters discussed it yesterday. I think they are coming but I can’t.
Good luck with the match.

KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 am

We are very picky about the matches we go to especially when towing along our grandson.
Every match that Kenny Tebbe runs is VERY safe, there's no bad language or folks acting out.
We have our entry in and look forward to shooting there.

Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:20 am

I was an expert witness in court on a Cocaine raid , officer shooting many years ago.

One of the leading officers entering the Coke house had a a big ole western belt buckle on ...and the crook shot him RIGHT IN THE BELT BUCKLE! The bullet stopped in the buckle and it saved the officer's life.

We didn't have good vests back then so we all joked we wanted a belt buckle the size of a dinner plate!

We look forward to this match.

Tebbeman

Post by Tebbeman » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:22 pm

***UPDATE 2 *****

We have 40 entries with just 8 spots left...so if you're considering attending please send in your entry now as we are capped at 48. David has some great food, fun (it is Halloween) lined up and the range looks great. See you in a few short weeks. kt
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!

Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Can't wait! I'm going to dress up as an old woman.

krgriggs

Post by krgriggs » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:06 pm

I think I will dress up as a Jan 6th protestor! Maybe the Indian guy!

Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:45 pm

krgriggs wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:06 pm
I think I will dress up as a Jan 6th protestor! Maybe the Indian guy!
Get some horns and face paint and do it!