Build timeframe

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Steve Sudbeck

Re: Build timeframe

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

Jeanne, the reason you are being demeaned and attacked is because you touched a nerve; the nerve that you touched is called the truth. Now why the attack dogs on this forum get so upset over a posting of the truth is much more appropriate to discuss on a psychology forum; their shadowed courage simply comes from a keyboard.
Anyway, I have learned that there is a protective cult and culture surrounding this group. On the surface is the past, the fantasy, the nostalgia and the legend; underneath there is business and personal fatigue and fear of change. The fatigue and fear manifest themselves as clandestine group think - simply put, things are slowly changing (not necessarily for the best) and some do not like what is seen as coming down the road - so the end result of all of that fatigue and fear is that you get attacked for touching that very exposed and sensitive nerve. In our new political world, when one group does not like the truth, the messenger gets attacked, intimidated and cancelled.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Gosh, what a load of bullshit........
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Steve Sudbeck,
I'm not real sure what all of that has to do with the issue at hand. The individual had a problem with my secretary no one else's, which
means it's my business and no one else's. There was absolutely nothing anyone on here could do to remedy the problem, which includes speaking out or private messaging!! Since then, myself and the individual have been in contact again, and everything is fine as far as I know. We are only about 20 miles apart.

Thanks for your concern, and I hope everyone on here has a Merry Christmas and a good New Year.
Kirk,
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well said Kirk and I hope with all my abilities that all the Bryan's and Shiloh employees have a wonderful Christmas and happy new year. ..bobw
bobw
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

I just got around to reading this thread.
Kirk and all at Shiloh - Merry Christmas!!! I couldn't be happier with the Shilohs I have ordered from you or with the incredibly good service I have personally encountered from whoever answers the phone there. I am especially thankful that you are still willing to make these beautiful rifles in spite of regulatory interruptions, COVID-19 lock downs, labor shortages, bitching and complaining by pinheads, and the myriad other problems that the pandemic world has unleashed. In a time when we can't even buy a light bulb unless in comes off a boat from China, I am truly amazed you all can still put up with it all. I pray you have a happy enough New Year to continue. Thank you for handcrafting these beautiful MADE IN AMERICA rifles that so many of us enjoy and compete so successfully with. Yes we do protect you - you bet we do!
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Amen Steve! Thanks for posting that!
trapper

Post by trapper »

Amen

Trapper
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
fosjam

Post by fosjam »

I have been very impressed with the folks at Shiloh. I've had a few builds, one in progress and two from Goodman. I've got three more I've bought secondhand. I've never been treated with anything but respect and professionalism from the folks at Shiloh. I'll also say that when they don't have an answer (because they're too busy), forcing the issue and expecting them to drop what they're doing and get you an answer will only further the delays for everyone. I've been in their shop multiple times and between the phone calls, walk in customers, and other tasks, all for whoever is just available at the time, the best answer is to just be patient and enjoy the best rifle made on either side of the Mississippi whenever it is you get it.
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Man this thread makes me feel like apologizing for my original post, my intent was_not to create a poop storm for anyone.

Art
Fight organized crime. Re-elect no one.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Art these threads will get derailed a bit here and there sometimes :lol:

Chris.
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

I do understand, almost every career I’ve had dealt with customer service in one way, shape,or form so I understand both sides..

Art
Fight organized crime. Re-elect no one.
MHS4575

Post by MHS4575 »

My 1877 next year anniversary will be one half a decade. Kirk told me 1 year when I placed the order.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Go to the Shooter to Shooter section and scroll down to Rifle Came Today. Took 2 1/2 years. I will guarantee you that this rifle was well worth the wait. I had checkering put on mine which can take longer. Even with all the COVID, material and labor shortages, etc, etc, Shiloh NEVER sacrificed their quality - this rifle is a masterpiece with fit and finish the best of any I have ordered from them. Buy one now on an auction or from a friend and learn to shoot it until your own order is done. Go with Bill Goodman, Shiloh, whichever but I would definitely have a brand new one from Shiloh made just for you, just the way you want it made . Life is short- indulge yourself, you'll never look back.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I think I might give Kirk a call and polite inquiry about that. Maybe a wood or engraving hold up, be good to know.
Limber Up!