Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Omak Cowboy

Good By, Mr. President

Post by Omak Cowboy »

This came from an aquantaince but seems to sum it up best:

SO LONG COWBOY

President Ronald Reagan
YOU DONE GOOD PODNER.
NOW IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO REST, & TAKE YOUR PLACE AT GOD'S TABLE.

MAY OUR WARM CALIFORNIA SUN NURTURE YOU.
MAY THE GOOD EARTH SHELTER & COMFORT YOU.
REST EASILY FRIEND, KNOWING YOU LEFT BEHIND THINGS BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND THEM.

HUMANITY OWES YOU IT'S DEEPEST DEBT.
GOD BLESS YOU.
in your own words: "All in all, not bad"

THANK YOU FOR RESTORING MY FAITH IN AMERICA.
Jeffrey Angelus
los angeles calif
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
TYRVR

Reagan:

Post by TYRVR »

I find a deep sadness in the final years of Mr.Reagans life, the time when he should have enjoyed the accolades and rewards of a grateful nation were taken from him by a disease that destroys the mind, a slow fall into a well of darkness, with the circle of light above getting smaller with each passing day. it is said he was an admirer of F.D.R. another leader that never saw the fruition of his efforts, ironic endings for the men that won the two most critical wars in our nations history, WWII and the Cold War,if not for these two mens efforts, either wars loss would most likely have meant the end of our political system and to freedom and democracy.
A debt is owed, thank you Mr.Reagan.

Ol'Tye, head down....hand over heart.
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"
RMulhern

Mr. President

Post by RMulhern »

Both of you guys get "Stars in your Crowns" for these postings!

IMO...Reagan deserves a 21 Gun Salute....365 days a year!!
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Amen, Sharpsman, if all our Presidents were like Mr. Reagan, our country would be even greater than it is. He is truly one of this country's all time Heros!!!
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
crazeyiven

Post by crazeyiven »

Ditto to all.
David
Omak Cowboy

the Library

Post by Omak Cowboy »

For those who wish to say goodbye to the President and to leave a message for his family there is the following link to the Reagan Library:

https://www.ronaldreaganmemorial.com/co ... e_book.asp
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

To All:

The remarks have been really touching, thanks for posting them.

Reagan was the first president I had the opportunity to vote for. His words were always uplifting, and made me proud to be an American. I hope he is remembered for all the things he brought to the country, and that the current leaders take some pages from his style and class. It sure would be refreshing compared to what has been said lately.

May God Bless Ronald Reagan, and in his words, May God Bless the United States".

An introspective,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

BTW: Omak Cowboy:

Thanks for supplying the link. I responded with a kind message.

It made me feel better about all of this.

Sincerely,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Omak,

Thank you very much!
Lee Stone
Timberlake

Post by Timberlake »

Sadly, a truly good man has passed.

I remember the Reagan years very well and can honestly say that the only thing wrong with his presidential tenure was that I could only vote for him TWO TIMES!

TL
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

YEP ! Now we are stuck with just Lawyers running the country ! JAGG
JAGG
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I've heard there's a push on to put Mr. Reagan on the $10 bill, I think it's a great ideal.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Omak Cowboy

Rushmore and $10

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Ken, I'd second both ideas.
A president who ended W.W.II was certainly one thing but ending the cold war with a decisive victory, not a life lost and not a shot fired, was a far greater accomplishment.

I have a number of books about our 40th President but am told "Reagan In His Own Hand" is the best. Don't have that one yet.

A friend told me stories of, as a young girl, going over to the ranch and bouncing on the then Mr. Reagan's knee. She said he was a wonderful man in every respect.

Yes, I believe I could trust Mr. Reagan with my daughter. Well, no point in going on with that line of thought is there?

To my mind Ronald Reagan was a Statesman of the first order. He and Churchill both deserve to be among the brightest stars of the 20 century. If history is honest, both will be recorded as among the best of humanity and of Reagan in the category and quality of Washington.

I'm well aware of the vicious things said about him, but then those same people say the same things about EVERY conservative President. It will I am sure be recorded as the chatter of small minds of little accomplishment. The world will little note nor long remember such mutterings. It cannot ignore the accomplishments of truly a great man -- and a man who was in measure great because of the support of a great lady.

In viewing first hand Reagan's integrity, honesty and courage of his convictions we have a first rate benchmark by which to measure all other men. Politician and citizen alike, it becomes often painfully obvious how few measure up to even a knee's height of President Reagan
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

:arrow: In my studies of American history during the last century, I've come to think that the three best presidents during the 1900's were T. R., F. D. R. & Ronald W. Reagan. All three men gave America hope when it was needed and reminded us that our nation must stand up to those that threaten our way of life. Rbump
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Goodmorning guys, Mr. Reagan was a true American and it is a good thing that we have men like this come along, to clean up other peoples messes. I guess that is why the good old USA stands proud the way it does.

My friend Wolfgang Droege, from whom we purchased Shiloh, admired President Reagan greatly. Wolfgang was caught up in WWII as a child while going back to visit family in Germany. He was trapped there, and was put into a German trainning camp where he excelled and was made to learn machinery. To make a long story short, Wolf loved freedom. This is what brings me to this, Wolf decided durring Pres. Reagans last term, to build him a Sharps Rifle. The Sharps was inlayed with gold pictures portraying the Hollywood years and the Presidential years of Mr. Reagan and was put into a custom made rifle case. Wolf somehow managed to get to the right people and him and wife Eva drove to Washington D.C. and presented President Reagan this rifle, in the oval office. Wolf told me the security was cool about it, and when they were all introduced it was just like walking into a friends house for coffee.

I thought some of you would enjoy this story. God Bless America and the people who drift in from time to time to keep it in check.
Kirk Bryan