1877 Schedule

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

fosjam

1877 Schedule

Post by fosjam »

I'm curious if the 1877's are still only being produced every 4 years or so or if they are on a similar schedule to the 74's now. I know the big bull barrels are much more infrequent. And the round barrels are less frequent than octagon. I've got several 74's and am looking at a 77 now.

P.S. I'm very fine with waiting a long time for a great product. They are ALWAYS worth the wait.
Randy Bohannon

Re: 1877 Schedule

Post by Randy Bohannon »

It will be 5 years this April since I ordered mine,it is in production now and I’m waiting as patiently as I can.
bobw

Post by bobw »

What's it chambered for Randy? Everybody who has them sure likes them .I just seem to stay on course holding on to a 74 a Shiloh or an original. Have handled high walls, borcharts, 75's, and 77's as well as rollers and other parlor guns they just don't do it for me. Bobw
bobw
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Originally I was going with another 40-70 SS maybe with a different chamber and decided against that, couldn’t get 40-50 SBN dies anywhere so scrapped that and went with the venerable 45-70. My Shiloh 74 in 45-70 is such a good shooter it made sense in particular with DD PP bullets just made sense to me. Normal chamber so my kids and grand kids can keep it and shoot it.

What's it chambered for Randy? Everybody who has them sure likes them .I just seem to stay on course holding on to a 74 a Shiloh or an original. Have handled high walls, borcharts, 75's, and 77's as well as rollers and other parlor guns they just don't do it for me. Bobw