April Friendship results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

April Friendship results

Post by Woody »

What a great weekend. Lots of sunshine and warm weather all day each day. The wind was not your friend though. Lots of missed targets. We did have some campfires and shared meals. Here are the result
April .22 scores.PNG
30 shooters divided by 13 traditional and 17 modern rifles. Keith Ux led to win the modern shooters with a 34, followed by Mark French in second with a 33 and seven chickens. Bob Johnson took third with a 32.

For the traditional shooters, Steve Farringer put on a chicken shooting display by sending 8 of them the ground for a impressive 36 to win first. Woody came in second with a 33 and Don Guthrie third with a 32 and the only clean prone.

Big bore scores below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: April Friendship results

Post by Woody »

Saturday again dawned warm with 80 degrees promised and clear sky's.

By the time the match started, the wind machine had been Swell oiled and been turned on. Saturday's match was also the Spring Military match. Seven trapdoors and one Peabody vied for the match trophy. Jim Ratcliffe again showed us prowess with the trapdoor and posted a 21 to win the Military Match. Willie Pool posted the high iron score with a 22. Lots of switchy tail wind producing left, right, over, and under misses.
Sat. April 2022 Irons.PNG
The scope shooters didn't fare much better in the score department. Keith Ux posted a 25 to win the overall match via reverse animal count.
Sat. April 2022 Scores.PNG
Sunday scores next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

Sunday's original forecast had precipitation possible. The weatherman was wrong again. Another wonderful day. Still windy though. Most of the Military Match shooters broke out their scoped rifles but Ian broke out his "new to him" .38 cal for a try in the switchy tail winds.
Sun. April 2022 Irons.PNG
Sun. April 2022 Scope.PNG
Can't wait for next month. See you there on the third weekend in Friendship and then the following weekend in Kentucky where Ian will be hosting his military rifle match.
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

Need to correct the .22 results from Friday. Mingo came in second, and Woody is now demoted to third.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Woody,

Wayne defines a traditional vs. modern rifle for the .22 match?

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

"Traditional" is rifles that meet the criteria of 22BPCRA rules.

"Modern" is just about any other rifle that shoots 22LR, including Winchester 52's, Anschutz's, etc.
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Aviator wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:05 pm "Traditional" is rifles that meet the criteria of 22BPCRA rules.
"Modern" is just about any other rifle that shoots 22LR, including Winchester 52's, Anschutz's, etc.
Thanks Aviator. I see I screwed up my question. It was suppose to say What defines..., not Wayne defines...

BTW, I figured something like that but was not sure. Interesting to see the scores are about the same.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

It will be out clubs second military weekend so I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the table, it is perfect and will see lots of use.