Testing for lead in the body

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

vikingsword

Re: Testing for lead in the body

Post by vikingsword »

A couple months back I was going through a move and decided to clean up all the lead scrape I had collected and consolidate it to clean it and make it easier to move, so i did a bunch of sorting ( wheel weights, auction finds etc,) and much of the pure lead had white dust coatings, which of course I handled with bare hands as with everything else. I melted it all down into ingots and came up with about 2000,pds and got it all moved. On my next VA visit they did blood workups and I requested a heavy metals test, it came back elevated at 10. Didn't think much of it, but a couple months later I got a call to come in and get retested, by blood, urine and hair samples( and no, I didn't just hand over my underware)! Got a call back this morning notifying me that my lead levels were dropped a good bit but, my arsenic levels were much higher than normal. They then began to grill me about how much seafood I eat, "in Wyoming", I told them I'll eat some shrimp from time to time but it's been 12 years since I moved here from Kodiak Island where my seafood intake was, well, out of this world, so I guess we will see if the levels go down, and girlfriend assures me she is not trying to poison me! I hope not, I still have a new sharps rifle I've yet to fire a round from. Wes