3D Printed Sharps Camming tool -scope version

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dougf

3D Printed Sharps Camming tool -scope version

Post by dougf »

Using 3D design and a 3D printer, I've designed these 1874 Sharps camming tools. I've been prototyping this scope version that still needs testing (since I don't have a scope.) I have never broken one of the straight versions -- and am pretty confident the amount of pressure to break one trying to seat a cartridge indicates a more serious problem. Metal or plastic -- I am sure you would stop if you were applying that much pressure and the cartridge wasn't seating.

Also, the camming tool seats from the lower section of the base of the cartridge and does not (or maybe just barely) touches the primer.

Not trying to sell them or find someone to test, just showing what can be done with 3D printing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dougf

3D Printed Sharps Camming tool -iron sight version

Post by dougf »

Same tool for iron sights. For this version - orientation does not matter - it is identical from both sides and will seat from either side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patchbox

Re: 3D Printed Sharps Camming tool -scope version

Post by patchbox »

That's pretty slick and ingenious!