BPCR Events/Matches

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lucinda

BPCR Events/Matches

Post by Lucinda »

Good evening:
I live in Ct. and have been shooting BPCR for a bit over a year. Are there any events in New England for target or silhouette? I am a member of the Northwest Ct. Sportsman's Association. We have a range that goes out to 275yd.s, and do host cast lead silhouette matches that include BPCR but not exclusively. I also belong to the Granby Bow and Gun club in Granby Ma. There we have a 1000yd range that is set up for Precision Rifle competition but may be suitable for BPCR. That should liven the place up a bit LOL. Kidding aside they are very nice folks, and I'd love to suggest that we move to host something like that. I had my Sharps 45/90 there for testing loads a few weeks ago and was sharing the range with police sniper units. We were only out to the 350 yd steel targets but when a few of my rounds found the target it started to get them inquisitive. Anyhow what a hoot a whole bunch of you guys who are good at it would be up there. I'm sure there would be growing interest.
My point, whom would I contact to see what would be required to do this, how is it set up and organized? Having this information I could make a pitch to the president of the club.
Scott
VBull

Re: BPCR Events/Matches

Post by VBull »

Scott, PM sent
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

There is a 'modified' BPCR silhouette match at a club somewhere outside of Saratoga Springs, NY (modified in that the distances are in yards and the shooting format is 'unusual'). Other than that, we shoot a 600yd mid-range match at Cumberland riflemen in Millville, NJ and there are BPCR matches at Shippensburg Fish & Game, PA and Ridgway Rifle Range, PA and an annual (August) 1000yd match at Reade Range, PA. Good luck getting matches started in NE. Keep us posted. The more the merrier.
Glenn
sccadu

Post by sccadu »

Thank you for your information. It will be good to have a bigger network of shooters with a similar interest.
Scott Duncan
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

ASK V BULL ABOUT THE RHODE ISLAND TARGET RIFLE MATCHES OR P M ME ART
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Art - why not post the info here on the RI BPTR matches so all will know.
Glenn
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

glenn i will post the schedule when it comes out art