Rolling Block in 40-65

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

marlinman93

Re: Rolling Block in 40-65

Post by marlinman93 »

You can still buy complete Rolling Block used rifles at Simpson's Ltd. pretty cheap. Toss the stocks and barrel, and use the actions. Last one I bought there was $275 because the barrel had ben demilled, but I only wanted a receiver anyway.
Numrich Gun Parts still has pistol grip lower tangs from the run Rem. did in 1997, so easy to make it a PG if that's what you want.
Whether you build one, or buy one done you'll still need sights, unless you got lucky and the seller left great sights on it, or you paid up for those sights to go with the purchase.
Fitting a barrel and cutting the front dovetail cost me $170 for the last one C Sharps did using my barrel. The last Green Mountain barrel in .40 caliber cost me $370 through a friend whose a GM dealer.
Stocks semi inletted cost me $130 with my wood, but a nice set from CPA in upgraded wood is around $250 or more for high grade. Color case and rust blue from Al Springer was $250 for the last Ballard receiver and barrel I sent Al, and I polished them out before sending to him.