Storage

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tomklinger

Re: Storage

Post by Tomklinger »

kenny sd,

He’s talking about storing BRASS in Tupperware! :roll: besides, it takes heat to set off black powder, sorry, static charge won’t do it.
Tom
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

kenny sd wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:02 am Is Tupperwear a static free plastic? might want to check....
I guess you can worry about whether brass is static sensitive, but I choose not to.... :wink:
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

The SMOKE wrote: I had Fed-Ex deliver 25lbs to my wife's office one time, she knew it was coming and she would bring it home. I really was not thinking, her office was on the first floor of a bank building. Her boss walked by and wanted to know what was in the box. He was about to pass out when she told him what it was. If you need a bomb inside a bank, just have it mailed to the bank. :lol: She called me on the way home and was concerned about having it in the trunk of the car, I told her just don't make any sudden stops. I don't think she has thought about it sitting in the house with her.

And when, by the way, was this Angel that lives with you elevated to Saint status?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

She already had that title, she takes good care of me. :D
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

kenny sd wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:02 am Is Tupperwear a static free plastic? might want to check....
My brass cartridges don't care.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I will caution not to store loaded ammunition in closed wooden containers. Short term storage presents no problem, but more than a couple of weeks allows the exposed lead to oxidize. This oxidation is cosmetic only, but I know shooters like "Smoke" rely on his shiny bullets to intimidate his opponents. The wood must be off-gassing something that causes the oxidation. I have observed this in Walnut, Oak, Cherry, and Hickory so far.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Farmallfan

Post by Farmallfan »

Woody wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:55 pm I will caution not to store loaded ammunition in closed wooden containers. Short term storage presents no problem, but more than a couple of weeks allows the exposed lead to oxidize. This oxidation is cosmetic only, but I know shooters like "Smoke" rely on his shiny bullets to intimidate his opponents. The wood must be off-gassing something that causes the oxidation. I have observed this in Walnut, Oak, Cherry, and Hickory so far.

Woody
I always believed my bullet lube caused the oxidation rather than the ammo box. Cast bullets stored in a cool whip bowl never oxidized but once lubed and stored in the same container they begin to oxidize.