Annealers

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

borderdogs

Re: Annealers

Post by borderdogs »

Hi Guys,
I have toyed with annealing over the years. I recently purchased an Annealeez and it works pretty good for my limited use so far. I looked into getting a Bench Source but the one that was listed on BACO went out of stock by the time I was going to order it. The Annealeez works pretty well I have done both 30-30 and some 38-55. I bought it with the optional large and small wheels but have only used the ones that came on the machine. The biggest issue I see is getting the flame right and positioned for a good anneal on the case. I had to sacrifice a case to figure out where to put it for the 30-30 I found a setting around 52 with the flame turned down so that there is about an inch of blue flame and put the end of the flame about 1/2" from the case. Using a spot thermometer the case neck gets to around 600+ degrees.

By the way, you can call Bench Source:

Donna Grounds
Vertex Manufacturing Corporation/BENCH-SOURCE
8341 Industrial Drive
Olive Branch, MS 38654
662-895-0803 – Voice

You can order one directly from them I am going to order one and Donna said that she can email me an invoice and I can mail check for it. You can also just call with CC info. She told me once they get an order it takes about two weeks to get a machine out.
Rob
aka "borderdogs"
38-72

Post by 38-72 »

I've used my Bench Source annealer for 3 or 4 years now. Not one problem. Its fast and trouble free and I would buy it again. Bought it from Buffalo Arms and took delivery at the Quigley match in Montana = not sales tax.
See the other Washington, Eastern!
borderdogs

Post by borderdogs »

As promised I got an invoice from Vertex Manufacturing (makers of Bench Source) and sent it out yesterday. Donna told me that they would probably start building the machine when they received the check. She said there were a couple other orders that were going to be built at the same time. She also told me that to date they manufactured and sold 6100 machines since 2010.
It will be interesting to see the difference between the Annealeez and the Bench Source.
Rob
aka "borderdogs"
Pink Panther

Post by Pink Panther »

Anyone given a thought to building their own induction annealing device?
ndnchf

Post by ndnchf »

Pink Panther wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:03 pm Anyone given a thought to building their own induction annealing device?
I just watched a video the other day about an induction annealer a guy put together for about $200 using off the shelf parts from Amazon. It seemed to work very well.
Never trust a man who wears both suspenders AND a belt.
rebsr52339

Post by rebsr52339 »

Bought my Bench Source in 2017. Loved it so much I got another one. I set one up with a LARGE propane tank and one with the small bottles. Got room for both and what a pleasure it is to anneal cases. Each one set up for mutable different cases. I even look forward to doing it (retired). I suspect there are some real good ones out there. Not pushing one or the other. BTW Bench Source customer service was great. Shipped one out and had it back in a 9 days. They even paid shipping both ways. Amazing.