Primers

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RK45/70

Primers

Post by RK45/70 »

I haven't been shooting/reloading for the last several years and want to start up again BUT I can't find any Primers. What are you all doing now? Thanks for your help! :idea:
Where ever I go, There I am!
jackrabbit

Re: Primers

Post by jackrabbit »

I suspect most of us are still running on old reserves. We help out shooters in our local group to help keep everybody shooting. Where are you at?
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

just bought fed120's at cabelas...Recobs had LR primers few weeks ago. Mabye we need to start a thread about supplies??

matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Like Cody said most of us are running on reserves. Occasionally the local slobber shops will have some in stock. There are some show up occasionally on the various mail order places they'll show, but then somebody will post threads about it on 87 different web pages and by the end of the day, that's a no go.
Cruise the local shops, and the usual suspect mail order places and grab them when you see some grab them and be prepared for sticker shock. I picked up a brick of BR=2's last summer for just a little less than the last case of them I'm about to open up.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Do you guys ever see any in the stores? I haven't seen any in the local gun store for close to a year I think. I was at a gun show on the weekend and the going price was 40 Canadian pesos for 100 primers. That would be around $30 USD.

Chris.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I check Midway every morning. When I see LR or LP I grab a brick, usually all they'll allow. I live just down the road, so I can do curbside pickup.
Limber Up!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

gunlaker wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:50 am Do you guys ever see any in the stores? I haven't seen any in the local gun store for close to a year I think. I was at a gun show on the weekend and the going price was 40 Canadian pesos for 100 primers. That would be around $30 USD.

Chris.
Occasionally they do crop up on the brick and mortar shelves, but you either have to know when they stock the shelves or get really lucky.
Sometimes I see signs that say only one or two packets of 100, other times you can get a brick or more.
Small rifle and small pistol primers seem to be fairly common, but large rifle and pistol are really tough to get.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

There is an auction house in Saskatoon and the bids are astronomical. That was with 7 days to go. Running on reserves.

Paul
IMG_4523.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

If you are near Cheyenne WY I have WW large Rifle (3), WW small pistol mag (1), CCI Large Rifle(1) and CCI small Rifle(1) that I have left over from sharing the wealth with the boys of Smithmoor at our last match. The CCI are OEM primers that were sold to an ammo remanufacturing company back east that went under and he sold out his stock of primers to me. The OEMs are the same primer you buy in brick and mortar but in a white and black box. I cannot ship them. I will be at Tornado Alley in May or Raton in July for the 22 BPCRA nationals. Contact me via PM if you want to "talk" about primers. This is not an listing "for sale" that is not allowed by the site, just saying.
GSmith

Post by GSmith »

Just purchase 1,000 CCI200 from Arm or Ally. Price was more than I was hoping but I was out and desperate. Cost was $159/1000. They do have limited varieties available.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well I wasn't caught short but been keeping my eye out like all you. At the Dec gunshow I was in helping my bud to set up. Guy across the isle set a white cardboard box on his table looked like it had a orm D sticker on it so I walked over to check it out. Yup a whole sleave of Rem 9 1/2 lr primers. I asked what he wanted for them he said 70 dollars a brick so I drugged out 350 and walked off with the whole sleave just got lucky I was in the right place at the right time. bobw
bobw
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

Just starting my son in-law out reloading, and we attended our local gun show where there is always some guys selling primers. Often maybe 100 packs, but occasionally 1000 bricks too. I saw primers there for $8-$12 per 100, and no discount for bricks over 100 boxes. We did find a few guys there that had just a few boxes of 100 ea. and prices were $3-$7 a box, so grabbed the lower priced stuff so he has something to start out with.
Powder was at numerous sellers, but no powder types I wanted for my needs. We did find a couple pounds of powder for his handgun loads, and Green Dot, and Unique for him was a huge bargain at $10 ea. lb.! Old school pricing! So he can load some handgun, or small capacity rifle cartridges.
Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

Brownell's has some small and large rifle WW primers in stock.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Natchez has a selection of LR & LP primers earlier today. As always, they don't last.
Glenn
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Sportsman's Den has some primers in stock. Federal GM150M Large Rifle Match is $109/box of 1000, but shipping & hazmat is $55. Still it's better than some of the other suppliers.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com