Primers

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Re: Primers

Post by Woody »

You just need to keep looking. Yesterday Nachez had only small rifle and pistol in stock. This morning CCI BR2 and Remington 2 1/2 in stock. I didn't buy any. Still using the reserves I had when this drought started. I did lay in two cases of Swiss this week. I should be good for this year at least.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks for the heads up Woody , just ordered 1000 CCI BR2 from Natchez. Man these prices are tough to accept though. I've been looking for quite a while and all the warnings of scams make a person leary too. :roll:
Woody

Post by Woody »

scams make a person leary too. :roll:
I will only order from known sources now. I heard recently of scammer on Gunbroker that is hi-jacking listings. It's hard to know what to trust.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

Those CCI BR2 primers on Natchez are strip primers.
pete

Post by pete »

Well I'm not familiar with strip primers so I did a search and correct me if I'm wrong? but it looks like they are the same primers but are in a plastic strip. If that's accurate is that bad if they can they be removed from the strip easily? :?
pete

Post by pete »

I just did another search and apparently they aren't that hard to remove. I didn't even notice that on the box they show. Oh well better than not having any.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Pete worse case scenario would be having to buy one of the strip priming tools
Last time this primer shortage thing hit those strip primers were available long after the others were gone
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
pete

Post by pete »

Hopefully not Don but quite often it seems like most stuff I do has to be done the hard way for one reason or another. Most times I can improvise something. I guess I can be the guinea pig. :)
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

You can do it Pete
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Since no one wanted to "talk" about primers, I sold all of them at the gun show this weekend for $100 a brick.
Blackstone

Post by Blackstone »

charlie young wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:29 am Those CCI BR2 primers on Natchez are strip primers.
I just got 2000 Br2's Monday that weren't in strip's
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

I just received a notification from Midsouth Shooters Supply that Federal GM150M match large rifle primers are in stock for $119.99/1000. If you're a dealer (FFL license) & have an account the price is $94.50. Of course you'll have to pay a $19.99 hazmat fee & shipping. I grabbed a couple of "bricks" at the dealer price.

After checking lately with several distributors & suppliers I appears, at least to me, that primers are becoming a little easier to obtain, at least from Federal & CCI. Maybe the suppliers are catching up a bit on their ammo & primer backlogs.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
pete

Post by pete »

That's good Blackstone. Hopefully mine will be like that too.
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

I called Natchez and he said the the BR2 Large Rifle primers are not strip primers, even though it says they are on their web site. He also said CCI doesn't make strip primers anymore. Hope those that ordered get what they wanted.
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you very much Charlie glad to hear that. :D