Guns Ammo Shop Scam

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Castaway

Guns Ammo Shop Scam

Post by Castaway »

Beware! For a while now I’ve been wanting a Rolling Block, the only decision was between 32-40 and 38-55. Saturday, a friend called, excited to tell me he’d found one in 32-40 at a price to good to be true. About 20 pics of a fine looking rifle with a stated good bore. I called then and after no answer I saw they were closed on weekends (1). This morning, I looked at my recent calls so I could just hit the number without going to their page. Couldn’t find an Oklahoma number but one from California instead (2). I then typed the number in Safari and it came back as associated with a scam (3). Typing in the address on Google maps gave me an address next to a residential area (4). Beware.
ScrapMetal

Re: Guns Ammo Shop Scam

Post by ScrapMetal »

Please post the name of the place, web site, etc. to help everyone avoid the scammer. Good thing you didn't get caught up in the scam.

FWIW

-Ron
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

I think right now, any site that has primers and says '"we're here to chat" is a scam
If they do not take a charge card, count on it being a scam.

I found percussion caps and paid the $$$ price, but it's a big dealer and they have shipped.
I had one once want me to set up a Pay Pal acct. Pay Pal said NO to this business. the business then said I could set up a
'friend and family" Pay Pal and they would give him the money.
DON'T DO THIS
he had an Indian accent and I could hear kids running around.
Ken
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

URL is; https://gunsammoshop.com/product/custom ... 32-40-win/

Guns Ammo Shop with an Oklahoma City address
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

There are a lot of scammers trying to “sell” primers and such on the Facebook.
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

Recently ran low on H4198 powder, and began searching the internet for some. For every legitimate dealer I found, I found 10 that were scams. All of them refused to take credit cards, and only took a check, or Money Order, or PayPal friends and family. All methods they can steal from you.
I called Hodgdon and talked with a rep, and he told me some are even setting up sites pretending to be Hodgdon, and they are actively working with the FBI to catch those who pass themselves off as Hodgdon.
I finally ordered my 8 lb. jug from Powder Valley, who has a very good reputation, and although prices are all high now, they're about as good as it gets. And their shipping and hazmat is very reasonable at $19 hazmat and $19 shipping for the 8.5 lb. package.
RK

Post by RK »

I recently tried to make an order through powder Valley. When it was time to check out I noticed they did not take credit cards. Then I noticed that there was an S between Powder and Valley on their web address. Site looked totally legitimate. Looks like scammers,crime and inflation is totally flourishing under China Joe’s leader ship. But then I guess that won’t matter if we escalate to full nuclear war over Ukraine.
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

Just got an 8 lb. jug of powder from Powder Valley yesterday. No issues at all, and took about a week to arrive via UPS. Only issue was UPS sending me a different updated shipping date each day. Kept moving back and forth between Wed. and Thu. all week.
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Only buy from trusted names and even then check for errors. Typos or phrases that don’t seem right are a sure sign of a scam. I noticed the Powders Valley site as well. Another sign is if they are claiming primers are in stock with no limits. I decided to play a game with some of these places and loaded up my cart with a million primers and was able to do it. There are hundreds of scam sites on the web - these people are nothing but scumbag crooks.
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

patchbox wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:05 am Only buy from trusted names and even then check for errors. Typos or phrases that don’t seem right are a sure sign of a scam. I noticed the Powders Valley site as well. Another sign is if they are claiming primers are in stock with no limits. I decided to play a game with some of these places and loaded up my cart with a million primers and was able to do it. There are hundreds of scam sites on the web - these people are nothing but scumbag crooks.
The key is at checkout. Once you try to pay and the only methods accepted are those you can't trust. Then just walk away, and find a reputable seller that takes credit cards.