Smithmoor Feb 22's #2

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Smithmoor Feb 22's #2

Post by jackrabbit »

Shooters and Friends, 2/26/23

The Lord smiled on us again yesterday. We had a rather brutal week of weather with heavy winds, temps way below zero, snowfall, and just general miserableness, but come match day the wind was calm, the sun shined brightly and the temps ranged into the mid 40’s. Hot dog was it ever a nice day! Thank you Lord! It kind of makes me think He must think we are doing something right around here….

As most of you know, we always eat quite well here at Smithmoor. (Hold the comments on my weight please….lol) Yesterday’s lunch, however, ranks among the best of the last 9 years though. Wow, was it ever good! Coralee had a giant roaster full of beef, barley and vegetable stew. She spent most of the day before the match baking multiple loaves of some fantastic Asiago cheese bread to go with it. Jeez oh peez was it ever good! Momma Lorraine was in a cooking mood and made a plethora of several kinds of cookies, lemon bars, and banana breads as well as some great pasta salad. Bev Reed whipped up some of her super apple crisp, and several shooters also brought several boxes of morning donuts and cookies for lunch. It was simply fantastic and we all enjoyed it very much. Thank you, thank you to everyone that helps with the food!

We had a fun day of shooting our second February monthly 22 BPCR silhouette match with a full house of 25 shooters. Strangely, the scores were maybe not quite as high in the nice conditions as they have been on some of the rougher condition days, but there was still some super shooting that went on.

Danny Glick shot a solid AAA score of 29 to take our AA/A class. One more AAA score for Danny and he will be moving up. AAA was won by Ed Himelhoch with a master score of 31. Ed has been steadily improving over the last year or two and it has been fun watching his progress. One more master score for Ed and he will be moving on up as well. Good shooting fellas!

We had a bit of excitement in Master class as we had a tie for 1st between Dad Gary Smith and Dick Hennebry with 31’s. Dick made me chuckle as he had already put his stuff up and wanted to flip off to determine it. Dad wanted to shoot it. When I told Dick that Dad would be the winner as I thought Dick indicated he wanted to concede, he said “I’ll get my gun.” To the line they went and best of 5 chickens offhand was the first contest. Dad shot a little quicker than Dick and smoked #2 for a total of one. Dick went down the line missing each one till he got to #5. He really barred down and landed a solid hit on #5 to tie it up once again. Sudden death was then used to settle it. Dad went first and missed first. Dick answered with another miss, pushing it to the second round. Dad missed a second time and with steely eyes and iron concentration, Dick smacked his to earn the win! Good shooting gentlemen! It was fun to watch.

In Grand Master class, Steve Anderson came out with first with a 34. His rifle failed early in the match, and he ended up shooting the entire match with a rifle and ammo borrowed from Dick Hennebry. Shooting a strange rifle is really hard, especially when they are different actions and proportions, but Steve managed very well. Good job Steve! I was very pleased to shoot a bunch of chickens and end up the match winner this month. I struggled a bit on the laydowns for some reason, but was able to get it together on the chickens. I was especially pleased to down the second five to earn a 5 chicken pin. Yahoo! I’ll be smiling all week!

I’m looking forward to our next match on March 11th. We are already getting notices of folks wanting to come, so please send an email to the smithmoorrange@gmail.com address if you are thinking to come. We anticipate it filling quickly. We will have another 22 match on March 25th so if you don’t get in on the 11th, plan for the 25th. Also, Coralee has the entry forms for our August matches up on the website. (www.smithmoorrange.com) Download them off there, or let us know if you are having problems and we will get you a copy somehow. I am rather shocked at the early interest we are getting in them, so please get entered if you are wanting to shoot it. I will be really surprised if it doesn’t fill up early.

Take care my friends,
Cody

Shooter Star Chicken Pig Turkey Ram Total
Grand Master
Steve Anderson 6 5 10 10 9 34 1st
Michael Rix 7 3 10 10 10 33 clean prone
Cody Smith (iron) 8 8 10 9 8 35 MW
Craig Wolf 7 1 10 9 10 30
Dan Womer 6 3 10 10 10 10 33 clean prone

Master
Greg Bybee 6 1 10 9 7 27
Dick Farmer 4 2 10 9 9 30
JD Farmer 6 2 9 8 10 29
Dick Hennebry 3 2 10 10 9 31 1st
Michael Jackson 7 0 9 10 10 29
Joe Kapler 7 2 9 8 8 27
Tom Reed 7 0 10 10 7 27
Coralee Smith 6 3 10 8 9 30
Gary Smith 6 2 10 9 10 31

AAA
Ed Himelhoch 8 2 10 9 10 31 1st
Keith Kelly 2 2 10 9 8 29
Katy Stephenson 6 3 9 7 6 25
Richard Stephenson 4 1 10 7 4 22
Seth Tangeman 6 3 10 8 6 27

AA/A
Roger Decker 1 0 7 8 10 25
Kindolyn Dobkins (iron) 3 3 10 10 5 28
Danny Glick 4 1 10 9 9 29 1st
Phillip Dobkins (iron) 6 4 8 6 7 25
Linda Dobkins (iron) 7 1 8 9 5 23
Tighe Moritz (iron) 6 1 2 1 4 8
40-65rl

Re: Smithmoor Feb 22's #2

Post by 40-65rl »

Steve Anderson and I both shot the new Lapua Long Range Ammo. It performed very well.