black powder in Canada

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bpcrshooter62

black powder in Canada

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

Hi all does anyone know if there is any one selling black powder in Canada that has any in stock i am looking and cant find any anywhere
i would like to get a load together for my rifle that works but need powder to do that any help would be much appreciated thanks :!:
gunlaker

Re: black powder in Canada

Post by gunlaker »

bpcrshooter62 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:37 am Hi all does anyone know if there is any one selling black powder in Canada that has any in stock i am looking and cant find any anywhere
i would like to get a load together for my rifle that works but need powder to do that any help would be much appreciated thanks :!:
Where are you in Canada?

Rusty Wood Trading in B.C. shows some in stock. Generally they are very expensive, but the only place I know of on the west coast that keeps Swiss in stock.

Chris.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

Sask
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

Len & Annette Volman
lavolman@sasktel.net
Regina, Saskatchewan

Sells Old Enysford

Ken Steiner
Edmonton, Alberta.
Has taken over the Black Powder sales from Becky (Hillfolk Musket Supplies - Senlac Saskatchewan)
I do not have his contact info.

Search the web there is another person in Saskatchewan selling black powder reloading supplies.

Rusty Wood Trading Co.
Mission, British Columba
https://www.rustywood.ca/shop/black-powder/

And I can no longer shoot and I have some surplus GOEX FFFg and Swiss FFFg if you can pick up in St. Albert, Alberta.
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

The other Saskatchewan supplier is:

Rayn'r Shine Gunworks
Lancer, Saskatchewan

https://raynershinegunworks.com/
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

Ken Steinhauer
Edmonton, Alberta

780 478 1988

Has taken over Becky Middleton's black powder sales.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Is Becky from Hillfolk musket supplies?

If so, she used to bring powder down to bc sometimes. Good people.

Ken is probably the best source of powder in western Canada. A while ago I tried to get in on an order some friends had placed and he couldn't get enough Swiss.

Chris.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

Thanks guys JFYI Len no longer has any black powder as far as i know and is no longer selling anymore and that may explain why i could not get a hold of the Hillfolk as i used to get some from them thanks for all the info everyone take care stay safe and have fun shooting :!: :!:
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

ops forgot to put in the last reply Rayn'r shine is no longer doing shows and sales but thanks for the info
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

I picked up the last of what Len had last fall he had some O/E and some Goes.
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

Rayn'r Shine was the Canadian distributor for Swiss powder in Canada.
Hillfolk Musket Supply use to get their supplies from them.

If they are not selling Swiss to other dealers I do not know where supplies will come from.

Ken; being an aboriginal, imports small amounts over the border but he has had difficulty obtaining much Swiss powder.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

SchuetzenDave wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:52 pm Rayn'r Shine was the Canadian distributor for Swiss powder in Canada.
Hillfolk Musket Supply use to get their supplies from them.

If they are not selling Swiss to other dealers I do not know where supplies will come from.

Ken; being an aboriginal, imports small amounts over the border but he has had difficulty obtaining much Swiss powder.
Rusty Wood brings it in from America. He buys from Buffalo arms. The only problem is he nearly doubles the price. However, at least there is a supply and I'm thankful for that.

Chris.
RoosterCogburn

Post by RoosterCogburn »

Our club has been ordering Black powder from Ontario for many years from a company called Hummason's. They were a Goex distributor and thankfully they became a Schuetzen distributor with the opportunity, which also added Swiss. I am actually the one who looks after the orders for the last six years and will let people know that if your order is in the 100 to 125 pound range the shipping, hazmat and taxes adds roughly $3.00/lb. Last year being the first with access to Swiss our clubs price was $45.00 and Schutezen was $35.00. Our club does not make any profit on that, just doing it to get powder for our club. The only red tape I had to go through was give them a copy of my PAL, so it's not like I'm a dealer or anyone who gets preference.

Don
"A Sharps buffalo rifle!....This is gettin' downright romantic!"
Slim Pickens as Henry Beige in Rancho Deluxe.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

well after three days of looking i have found three people that have some powder to sell price is the big thing ranges from $50.00 to $80.00 a pound lol but there is powder to be had may be private people but at least there is still some around lol
Red River Rick

Post by Red River Rick »

RoosterCogburn wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:31 pm Our club has been ordering Black powder from Ontario for many years from a company called Hummason's. They were a Goex distributor and thankfully they became a Schuetzen distributor with the opportunity, which also added Swiss.
One of the clubs I belong to also buys bulk BP from Hummason's as well, have done so for years. Last year the price worked out to $35 per pound for BP, affordable.

RRR
"I make the part.................that make's the parts!"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds?
Check here: http://kal.castpics.net/