Anybody ever try one of these?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Anybody ever try one of these?

Post by JonnyV »

Seems like this would really help with ladder testing, long range target observation, etc....
JonnyV

Re: Anybody ever try one of these?

Post by JonnyV »

With the tablet, you can mark shot holes, measure your group from the bench, and even run up to 4 cameras, all without wifi. Guaranteed range of two miles, and the guy who owns this company is himself a dedicated two mile shooter. I like getting things from people who actually participate in the sport instead of some corporation that doesn't give two shits about us.
Etienne Brule

Post by Etienne Brule »

Hi

I use this set up at Quebec range !

Just great !!
DAG4570

Post by DAG4570 »

Jonny

We have one at our range and we use it for mid range matches. We tried it last year for the last match of the season. We had some troubles getting it to work with the shooters cell phones. It will send signals to cell phones and or tablets. I was told later that they had worked out the bugs and it was working fine the last time they used it. We were using it at the 600 yard range and the pictures were very good. You could zoom in or out and plot your hits. Each shooter would use his/her own cell phone to plot shots which eliminated the need for someone to pull and mark targets in the pits. Can let you know more after I get to use it again.

Dave
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

That’s what got me too Dave, it eliminates the need to pull targets. I’m hoping to run a ladder test next weekend at 300 or even 350 yards. With this, I can plot all the shots in order and have my LabRadar data for each shot too.

Then that velocity data can go on a spreadsheet and it should (might?) be pretty obvious where the sweet spot is.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I watched one similar to these in use. After considering the practicality a few things came to mind. I think it would be great for practice with only one rifle shooting at a time then scored before another shot or another rifle fired. I could see problems with self scoring or dedicated scorer (for a variety of reasons) such as cross fires (among other things) when used for serious competition. Perish the thought, even at 600 yards under gusting wind conditions, the result of 540 grains of lead alloy impacting the unit would be catastrophic. Beyond 600 yards? Maybe behind a bullet proof shield.

Oh, did I mention misses were not recorded? As if no shot was fired? :roll:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

There is an external antenna you can order if you would like your camera unit placed behind a piece of AR-500…plus you can run up to four cameras all on separate targets at the same time.

Yeah self scoring could be an issue lol!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I''ve been using the Caldwell target camera for several years. Works very well for shooting at home and watching groups either develop or not out to 1000 yards.
But use in a match would probably not be a good thing unless each shooter had one of their own, and accepted the responsibility of damage to their machine..
Keeping folks honest on the score card is a whole nether matter with or without pullers.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?