Friendship March 2023

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship March 2023

Post by Woody »

The first match at Friendship this year is in the books. All three days were some of the most miserable three days of shooting competition I think I have ever participated in. The weatherman got it right this time. I arrived Thursday afternoon and let a campfire as the sun set. Shortly after, it started raining and rained all night and most of Friday morning. At least it did stop prior to the 1300 start of the .22 matches. 29 shooters still showed up for the fun. 13 traditional rifles and 16 modern. The winds were tricky and scores were down for the most part with a few exceptions. It did require a master score to place on both categories. Michael Rouch put on a chicken shooting demonstration laying down 9 of the pesty birds for a total score of 36 to win traditional. Michaels father, Joe Rouch came in second shooting a 32, and Mingo posted a 31 for third traditional. Bob Johnson led the modern shooters with a 33, followed by Brian Smiley, also with a 33 and running all the prone animals. Third was Jake Stuehrenberg with a 32.

The weather predicted for Saturday was freezing, snow flurries, and 40 mph winds. He was right again. It snowed, sometimes so hard that even with a scope it was difficult to see. The high for the day made it to 36 degrees. The scores sheets are attached below.
Sat. March 18.23 scope scores resized.jpg
Sat. March 18.23 iron scores resized.jpg
As you can see Ian, shooting irons was still able to lead at the finish line Great shooting Ian in very difficult conditions. The chicken pool was taken by Steve Farringer with three, because Ian and Joe decided not to enter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship March 2023

Post by Woody »

No campfire Saturday night too cold to sit outside. My furnace ran all night in the trailer and at least one camper had some freezing in the water lines.
The temp was 17 degrees at dawn and showed 32 degrees at the end of the match. We had some that decided to head home early and a couple of new shooters ready to brave the conditions. Did I say it was cold? At least it was sunny. The results are posted below.
Sun. March 19.23 scope scores resized.jpg
Sun. March 19.23 iron scores resized.jpg
Again an Iron sighted rifle led with Justin Abrams posting a 28. Michael Rouch took the chicken pool with three as again the higher chicken shooters did not enter.

Next month is early in the month. 14,15, and 16 April with Saturday, 15 April being the Military match within the regular silhouette match. Dust off your Trapdoor, Borchardt, Peabody, Roller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

It was a bit on the extreme side. First time I shot silhouette in a snowstorm, and had to take measures to keep my damp patches from freezing.
Never thought I would be high Master with a 24 :lol:
I was dressed appropriately to stay warm, except for my fingers during my relays.

Let's hope for a more benign weekend in April!
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

It almost stopped being fun….. Almost
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

If Jason wasn't in a t-shirt, shorts & flip-flops, then it was cold. :lol:
Glenn