New Bench Source Case Anneeler

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

BlackJack

New Bench Source Case Anneeler

Post by BlackJack »

Hello Buffalo hunters :D Well, my 45-100 Star-Line cases finally came in that I had to sell my 3-legged mule and 3-wheeled wagon for on "WOKE" Gun-Broke-U :shock: Oh well, been looking around for an annealer a couple looked ok but had some things about them I didnt care for. So, I went nuts and bought the Bench source! First, I went to Graf's and found out they charge out of state sells tax and decided to go to BACO (should've went there first place) I've bought more there anyway w/o none of that tax nonsense. I had a question about the index plate so I called Bench source (no ans.) so, I called BACO (couldn't hardly hear him (I've only got one ear have trouble on phone calls). Anyway, I asked about the index plate that comes with it if it could handle my 45-60, 45-70, 45-90 and the 45-100 he said yes so that's good! Also, there is another plate for 50BMG which I'll get later. In the mean time I' got a lot of cases to get done. I've read a lot about the Bence source so hope it will be a real beauty! Richard
SSShooter

Re: New Bench Source Case Anneeler

Post by SSShooter »

Ran 850 new Starline cases thru my Bench Source yesterday in under 2 hours. It is 6yr old and never a hiccup. You will like both its performance and quality.
Glenn
sackett

Post by sackett »

Don't blame Graf for charging sales tax.....they are following your state laws. And by rights, BACO should be doing the same thing.
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

Hello sackett, I think the tax thing is if a company has brick & mortar locations in the state one resides in they can charge tax but if a company doesn't have a location they don't charge tax (theft). Why Graf is doing it I'm not quite sure and as far as I know they don't have a location or warehouse in Texas. My view of taxes is nothing but theft it's just plain wrong! Stay Safe, Rich
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

SSShooter wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:20 pm Ran 850 new Starline cases thru my Bench Source yesterday in under 2 hours. It is 6yr old and never a hiccup. You will like both its performance and quality.
Hey ssshooter, the index plate that came with yours did it handle .45 cal cases? Rich
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

BlackJack wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:15 pm
SSShooter wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:20 pm Ran 850 new Starline cases thru my Bench Source yesterday in under 2 hours. It is 6yr old and never a hiccup. You will like both its performance and quality.
Hey ssshooter, the index plate that came with yours did it handle .45 cal cases? Rich
Yes. I've run everything from 45-100 down to 223R thru with the one plate. The small cases are "tippy", but with a modicum of care it is possible to adjust the plate so the 223 cases are centered on the small rotating platen under the torch. Much easier to do with the 45cal cases.
Glenn
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

Hello Glenn, :D and thanks for the info! Thats great 'cause I was still wondering if I heard it right on the phone. I watched a video of a shooter on how he set his up as per the propane cylinders. Instead of connecting the bottles directly to the torch heads he ran a hose from the tanks set (back off his bench) to the torch heads to keep from having added weight on the stud adjustments from sliding out of position. I found the hoses on Amazon (ysnmt48) would like to try that set up. I'll probably make me a dual bottle rack for the tanks. Thanks again for the reply and info! Rich
sackett

Post by sackett »

BlackJack wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:02 pm Hello sackett, I think the tax thing is if a company has brick & mortar locations in the state one resides in they can charge tax but if a company doesn't have a location they don't charge tax (theft). Why Graf is doing it I'm not quite sure and as far as I know they don't have a location or warehouse in Texas. My view of taxes is nothing but theft it's just plain wrong! Stay Safe, Rich
That was the case years ago. Most states charge sales tax on internet purchases, period. Examples: e-bay & gun broker. They both charge sales tax, yet they aren't a B&M store.

This was taken right off Graf's website: Yes, you will be charged sales tax for your Graff.com purchase in line with every US state that imposes a sales tax. Sales tax will be automatically applied to your order, with the exact amount displayed on the check-out page. The amount of sales tax is dependent on the applicable state, local sales tax laws and shipping destination. For further information, please contact Customer Service at 833-472-3354.
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

sackett wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:14 pm
BlackJack wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:02 pm Hello sackett, I think the tax thing is if a company has brick & mortar locations in the state one resides in they can charge tax but if a company doesn't have a location they don't charge tax (theft). Why Graf is doing it I'm not quite sure and as far as I know they don't have a location or warehouse in Texas. My view of taxes is nothing but theft it's just plain wrong! Stay Safe, Rich
That was the case years ago. Most states charge sales tax on internet purchases, period. Examples: e-bay & gun broker. They both charge sales tax, yet they aren't a B&M store.

This was taken right off Graf's website: Yes, you will be charged sales tax for your Graff.com purchase in line with every US state that imposes a sales tax. Sales tax will be automatically applied to your order, with the exact amount displayed on the check-out page. The amount of sales tax is dependent on the applicable state, local sales tax laws and shipping destination. For further information, please contact Customer Service at 833-472-3354.
Hello Sackett :D Yep, thats the way it is sadly to say. I just noticed while checking out that Grafs had tax added and I just backed out of it. The politician gurus always seem to think of ways to get more $$$ one way or the other :roll: Stay Safe👍Rich
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Yep Obama got that passed first year in office.
BlackJack

Post by BlackJack »

Hello graybeard :D Yep, the Kenyan "Spear Chunker" is really a piece of work! Rich