40-82 revisited (again)

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

semtav

Re: 40-82 revisited (again)

Post by semtav »

Couldn't find my notebook for the GG 40-82 loads so i went by memory.
Different lot of powder and Bullet alloy but the rest should have been the same.

Looks like it still shoots.
Sub moa group at 165 yds.

Don't tell DD I remember how to shoot a GG load.

40-82 GG 165 yds.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

That look good to me now go out and win with it then he wont say a word lol :D :D :D
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Funny, from the looks of the marks on the paper it is virtually impossible to determine the number of hits, (much less the number of misses?)

Who shoots at 165 yards anyway? Chickens are 200 Meters, etc, etc............. :roll:

Me thinks Brian needs to bring his best stuff to Ben Avery at Phoenix Jan 2024 and really find out what he is capable of..... :mrgreen:

Hee, hee, hee, with me watching of course. :shock:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:35 pm Funny, from the looks of the marks on the paper it is virtually impossible to determine the number of hits, (much less the number of misses?)

Who shoots at 165 yards anyway? Chickens are 200 Meters, etc, etc............. :roll:

Me thinks Brian needs to bring his best stuff to Ben Avery at Phoenix Jan 2024 and really find out what he is capable of..... :mrgreen:

Oh the doubting Thomases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way back when I went to school in the little town of Cartersville, one of the first things they taught us was how to count to 5. I might have to call my wife and see if she can take a picture of the whole target. I'm currently off exploring landfills.
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:35 pm :

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
semtav

Post by semtav »

40-82 GG.jpg

Don't ask about the messy Bull.
Something about impatiently watching paint dry.
Don't have that problem with refrigerators
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
semtav

Post by semtav »

My first test yesterday. I knew my original load was 80, but since I was shooting 83 with the PP load, I thought I'd try it.
Wasn't happy so I went home and loaded 5 with 80 gr. by then the wind was up pretty hard but was still better. Lower group was the 80 gr. first three shots were no vertical. don't know what happened to 4 and 5. Me, wind or the lead I picked up. But I had to try once more this morning in a little calmer wind before I left.

80 vs 83.jpg
Luke

Post by Luke »

The shots are easier to see on white enameled sheet metal.
Limber Up!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

SEMTAV wrote, "Couldn't find my notebook for the GG 40-82 loads so i went by memory."

I ruminated briefly over that informative statement and curiously wondered if he had found the subject rifle yet? Or even looked for it? :roll:

Such ruminating lead me to further wonder if his concept of ladder loads involved a step ladder or some other form of device other than varying loads fired on paper at say 200 yards to start with? :(

Which lead to further thoughts that considered that people that actually know and interact with him say he is a very nice guy and somewhat normal. Looking back on those words now I have to question the modifier word, somewhat? :?

Regardless, he is obviously a prime candidate for an intensive black powder target rifle rehabilitation program that once again convenes at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility at Phoenix, Arizona, January 29, 2024 through February 6, 2024. There his abilities as a long range rifleman can be demonstrated and I can put some first hand flesh on the term, "somewhat." :D

BTW, social workers are disallowed from interacting with the shooters because we celebrate, appreciate and welcome their individuality. Such as it may be. :mrgreen:

OH, April 7th has since passed.
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:31 am Regardless, he is obviously a prime candidate for an intensive black powder target rifle rehabilitation program that once again convenes at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility at Phoenix, Arizona, January 29, 2024 through February 6, 2024.

As is typical of someone spending too much time in the desert sun, the heat eventually wears away most of the brain cells.
First it was January, now suddenly in less than a week he's moved most of it to February. I'm sure before the month is out, he'll be wanting me to show up in May.

desert deuce wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:35 pm
semtav

Post by semtav »

desert deuce wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:31 am Regardless, he is obviously a prime candidate for an intensive black powder target rifle rehabilitation program that once again convenes at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility at Phoenix, Arizona, January 29, 2024 through February 6, 2024. There his abilities as a long range rifleman can be demonstrated and I can put some first hand flesh on the term, "somewhat." :D
And you do realize, if this means what I think it does, you are gonna screw up my summer of fun shooting any old gun that goes bang at the Long Range Targets.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Screwing up your summer of fun? How could that happen the last 3 days of January and first 6 days of February? Thought you resided in Montana, not Buenos Aires. I doubt you will be aerial spraying snow banks that time of year around Forsyth.. That is a lame excuse.

BTW, the 40-82 may prove fun and capable at 500 & 600 yards but you might plan on bringing something in the .44 .45 caliber range for targets beyond that.

There you will learn that the wind is your friend.
semtav

Post by semtav »

It means I got to drag my 45-110's back out and quit playing with the girly guns I was gonna shoot this summer.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

HI i think you can do it with what you call a girly gun you dont need that cannon i have faith in you :D :D :D
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

BTW, Some people recently had faith in Joe Biden also.