Original Sharps Rifle Catalog reprints

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

Original Sharps Rifle Catalog reprints

Post by Texas Shooter »

To All:

This may be old news to some, but I just received some of these reprint catalogs in the mail today. They are great reading while your waiting on your Rifle to come in. If your just into the history of many of the older firearms this resource is great.

Click on the, "Historic Arms Catalogs", link. Them scroll down to the Sharps catalogs.

http://cornellpubs.home.comcast.net/

Hope some of you will find this helpful. I sure did.

Take Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Thank you very much for the heads up on the catalogues and the book on the Sharps lawsuit. Great additions to my library.
Lee Stone
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Lee:

I glad you like it. Since I made the original post, I have had my nose buried in the, "Sharps Catalogs 1859, 1864, 1875, 1876".

Great interesting information.

Just got my new, "Black Powder Cartridge" magazine also. What a Bonanza!

Enjoy,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Wow! I didn't realize it was about time for the next issue. Hope mine is waiting on me when I get home this evening. Or soon anyway. Love that journal. :D
Lee Stone
N2

Post by N2 »

Texas Shooter - There were two books published back in about 1941 called "Fourteen Old Gun Catalogues for the Collector" and "Ten Old Gun Catalogues for the Collector". The authors name was Satterlee. The first book (14 Old Gun) contained every known Sharps catalog and several others gun manufacturers catalogs as well. Looks like what you've found are partial reprints of his books. The books can still be found occasionally. Most references regarding Sharps catalogs in newer books like that published by Rywell and Sellers come from Satterlee's book.- Nick
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

Yes and they tell you to clean and oil your rifle barrels with Petro's don't they ? Other wise they are of very good information on loading all types of sharps and other rifles of the same CAL. ! ! JAGG
JAGG