NRA 2023 Irons Nationals

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SSShooter

NRA 2023 Irons Nationals

Post by SSShooter »

In the heat & humidity (heat index of 100+) and tricky winds of day-1, it was Doug Gazaway on top with a 44, followed by Jeanna Abrams with a 42 & Joe Scott with a 41.
More of the same weather (heat index of 104) on day-2, with Doug Gazaway prevailing with an agg of 87 for the irons championship, followed by another strong comeback by Brian Chilson for 2nd overall with an 84 and Ian Egbert with an 81.
Congrats to all the winners.
And, thank you to Lora, Woody and the NMLRA for putting on a fine 6-days of shooting.
Glenn
SSShooter

Re: NRA 2023 Irons Nationals

Post by SSShooter »

Scores:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glenn
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

To say it was hotly contested would be an understatement. With temps in the mid 90's and the heat index over 100 several of us old folks decided not to shoot on Friday including me. Conditions were tough to call all week. The white rails make the critters stand out better but mirage was very difficult to make out well. Obviously some were better at reading conditions than most of us. Master scores were elusive with only 3 being shot over the 4 days of shooting. The competition was tough with the winners not being known until the last shot was fired. There were some shoot offs to determine the winners. Even the high woman in the scope match was a shoot off between Carrol Scott and Karen Chase with Karen winning.

There were 68 scope shooters and 50 iron sight shooters with some overlap. One iron sight shooter left early the 1st day after missing an entire bank of rams and he is not on the list if you count and only come up with 49 shooters. There were competitors from Florida, GA, OK, WY, MT, KS, WI, MI, PA, NC, VA, NJ, OH, KY, WV and probably others. It was truly a National match and deserving of the title and bragging rights to the winners.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Woody

Post by Woody »

2023 BPCR National Iron scores.jpg

These are more readable.

What a week!!

Got home Saturday morning and the brass is done and drying. I will miss the next two monthly matches at Friendship, so I will be more than ready in October.

Thank you for all the support the competitors gave prior to and during these matches and especially thank you Lora for taking on this job to provide us with a quality series of matches. Hope to see all of you next time.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Del

Post by Del »

Congratulations to Doug Gazaway for the win!!!! Great Shootin'!!!
Fortune Favors the Bold...