Mike "Bulldog" Browning

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

S & B Morris

Mike "Bulldog" Browning

Post by S & B Morris »

We are sad to pass on the news that Mike Browning passed on last night after a long and hard fought battle with cancer. Mike was a longtime BPCR competitor and muzzleloading enthusiast from Seneca, Oregon. He was instrumental in building the Bear Creek range in John Day and was a great friend to so many of us in the shooting community. He was quick to make a friend, tell a joke, share a great story or help out any way he could. His friend Mike McGuire said it best.."no man I know lived a fuller life".
Mike will be profoundly missed by all who knew him.
S & B Morris
"Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Lumpy Grits

Re: Mike "Bulldog" Browning

Post by Lumpy Grits »

:cry:
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
lackerlund

Post by lackerlund »

Sorry to hear of Mikes Passing.
Alex Huston

Post by Alex Huston »

When I heard last week that Mike had passed away, I was very saddened. He was a good man, a good friend, and a dedicated shooter.
Met Mike in the mid 90's when he and the "John Day Gang" started coming to Baker City to shoot silhouette. We traveled a lot of the same trails through Idaho and Montana, and it was always a great time whenever we could all get together.
Bulldog, you will be missed.
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

I started shooting with Mike Browning and the John Day bunch, at the COSSA range in Milicon, OR in the early 2000's. Mike was the type of man you would immediately "hit it off with." He was a gentleman with a terrific sense of humor, he had a constant wealth of shooting information coupled to endless stories of shooting and hunting. Whether it was a muzzle loader, BP cartridge rifle, military rifle or just the run of the mill hunting gun, Mike knew them well and always had a positive experience to tell. He had a love of guns and shooting coupled to a tremendous love of hunting and the out-of-doors.

Mike was particularly fond of helping new shooters establish themselves and was totally unselfish in this endeavor. Whether it be family, friend or simply a kid off the street, Mike's excitement coupled with his tutoring, instilled a love for the sport whomever he associate with. Winning, losing or simply plinking, Mike was there with a big heart and kind words.

I often think of the love and work Mike put into the Bear Creek Range. He was the Chief Master Sargent e
of the range and when it came to "gitter done," Mike was the first in line with a fun inspiration for all to join in and help. In his own personality, he helped make the range what it is today, a fun, challenging place to shoot.

Mike was a fierce competitor and enjoyed winning but never at the sake of someone else. He was the first to congratulate the victor and *laughingly* humble in his achievements. Mike was a good man who taught me a lot; I will miss my friend as he has been called on to his next journey in life.