.22 BPCR Mid Range National Championships 2023

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

40-65rl

.22 BPCR Mid Range National Championships 2023

Post by 40-65rl »

Another very nice day at the Cheyenne Rifle and Pistol Club, Cheyenne, Wyoming to shoot the .22 BPCR National Mid Range Target Championships For those not familiar with .22 Mid Range Target , it is shot all at 200 yards on full size 200 yard targets, reduced size 300 and 600 yard targets again shot at 200 yards. It is shot in any position, most shoot prone off cross stick but several shooters shot off a bench this year. 15 shots for score on each target with 4 sighters shots, 40 minutes for both shooters ton the line to complete the target. We have retractable targets in the target pits, so there are folks in the pits who spot the hits, we use white golf tees in the black, one inch spotter disks on shots outside the black. We shot up a lot of golf tees this year!!! With temps in the mid 70's, with usual winds that came and went, sometimes in our face, sometimes right to left and sometimes left to right. Note I never said calm although the first target, 200 yard and half of the 300 yard was pretty reasonable, as the scores testify. Winds were pretty much 13-15 mph for half of the match. Jack Odor, many time national Schuetzen champion and expert rifleman put on a show and was our 2023 National Champion, 438, 12X, High Super Senior, 438, 12X and won the 300 yard target with a 150, 5X.. High woman was Emily Anderson, 420, 7X, High Junior was Jack Odor's grandson, Cody Holmes, 421, 10X, Michael Rix, 3rd overall 434, 17X and High Senior, 434, 17X, Mark Pachares took 2nd overall, 435, 19X. Many thanks to all who attended and to our sponsors, David Barnes Saddlery, Montana Vintage Arms, Swiss Powder, Midway, USA, Walters Wads, CPA Single shot Rifles, Larry Baker of SPG. PLEASE CONSIDER PURCHASING YOUR SUPPLIES FROM THESE OUTSTANDING FOLKS. I am planning for next years match on the Tuesday before the big BPCR and BPCRA matches at our sister range, Smithmoor range Carpenter, WY. It's a trip worth making. Seven days of shooting BPCR and .22 BPCR both silhouette and target.
Jack Odor total score, 438 12X is a new National Record as is his 300 yard target, 150 5X. Michael Rix is the new 200 yard target national record holder 150 10X. His record was determined by shooting a better 600 yard target. Kevin Griggs is the 600 yard national Record holder with 143 X. Lots of new national records set today.
Photos and full scoresheet are available on the 22 BPCRA Facebook page. I don't do photos here.
Dick
SSShooter

Re: .22 BPCR Mid Range National Championships 2023

Post by SSShooter »

Nice shooting by all.

Dick - when you say 'new national record', what organization is sanctioning national records in 22BPTR?
Glenn
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

SSShooter,
Remember,I shot a 150 12X at the 200 yd 22 midrange at the Georgia South Eastern Regional Championship in 2021.
It didn’t mean anything😂
Tom Klinger
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Correction, I looked it up. It was a 150 10x, but it still was just a “feel good” score👍
Tom Klinger
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Tom - that's why I ask Dick who the sanctioning body might be. Might as well get the scores from RBGC's 22BPTR match this Oct "sanctified" if Charlie is willing to do so.
Glenn
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Crickets… :roll:
Tom Klinger
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

There is no "sanctioning body" and I'm pretty sure you guys know that. Dick Hennebry was the first to run such a match and together with several shooters worked out the details to make it a great thing. His was the first and he can call it whatever he wants. Dick has kept records from this match and a new record is a score that has beaten the previous highest score shot at this match and range. It's all for fun, as it should be.

Why don't you find someone else to pick on other than a bunch of good guys having fun and shooting some fantastic scores.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

No body is "picking on" anyone. It was stated that it was a National record. National records should be kept by a National sanctioning body. It does not sound like there is one so it it is only a local record. I broke several bona fide National records with my trapdoor but it was not at a sanctioned match so I don't have any national records in my name, only bragging rights.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Well then I guess Dick Hennebry is the sanctioning body of his 22 BPCR Mid Range National Championship. He is tracking the records and issuing them, so there you go.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Well, Tom. Guess we'll have to send the scores from the past few year's matches to Dick. If we had only known..............
Glenn
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

As Jackrabbit stated, there is no national sanctioning body, just a guy keeping scores for his match and keeping the sport going and having fun. I guess he can call it whatever he wants.
It’s all good!
Tom Klinger
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Thank you Tom.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Tomklinger wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:57 amIt’s all good!
Tom Klinger
Absolutely. Its about getting out and having a good time with like-minded folks.
Maybe some day we can have an intergalactic international match.
George Harris told us they used electronic targets for long-range small-bore scoring at the CMP national matches this summer. Don't have to pull & mark targets. That would be the way to go. We could ask the Martians to bring them.
Glenn
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Thanks Cody, Tom and Glenn for seeing this match for what is really is and why we shoot it. It's fun. It needed a name and other clubs have regionals, state and range championships so why can't this be the National .22 BPCR Mid Range Target Championship? Note is is not BPTR it's .22 BPCR. There is no need for a sanctioning body, just a match director taking folks in a different direction than just shooting silhouettes and maybe, just maybe, restarting interest in shooting targets with the big guns. Because of this match we have created a small but fun core of target shooters here in Cheyenne. But why not, we have some wonderful cooperation between the high power shooters and the BPCR folks at Cheyenne, great pits, berms and even electronic scoring for the high power guys. Hopefully we may have it for the BPCR shooters, someday.
So with this said, we have been shooting this National Championship in the same format for five years. I believe the first .22 mid range target match was Jim Kidwell's match in Georgia six years ago. He and I talked about about just after his match and the Cheyenne match was born. The first year we shot 10 shots per target but shooters wanted more shots so five years ago so I changed it to 15 shots per target and added the bench this year. Simple rules, .22 BPCRA equipment, except no desk top cross sticks unless shooting off a bench because some of the shooters wanted to shoot off a bench. No classes and it is a Mid range any. Shooters didn't want a position category but other clubs may want it. I let the shooters decide, you must have a good time and you will pull and score targets in the pits, just like the old days when sanctioning bodies were active in target. Yes I keep track of the scores and I don't think calling it the national Championships is stepping on anyone's toes and the match is open all who feel the urge to shoot it along with the five days of shooting at Smithmoor. No I'm not interested in creating a sanction body but if anyone wants to, go for it. I will provide six years of scores.
Many of the shooters in this match are many time national champions in other disciplines but being a national champion but it is still a good feeling. Anyone who has shot .22 mid range, regardless of the many different rules used by the different clubs or what they call the match, it's just for fun.
If you have shot a score higher than the ones posted, you should be be very proud of that score. Please come to Cheyenne we need you.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

40-65rl
This is the same .22 format we will shoot at the SE Regional at Riverbend Gun Club in Ga. this coming October. It’s a great match and a lot of fun. This is the 20th anniversary of the SE Regional. I fear this will be the last one. We need people like you to keep the interest going. Good luck with your matches now and in the future….
Tom Klinger