No one ever answered this question…

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

No one ever answered this question…

Post by JonnyV »

From Dan T, Sun February 8, 2015

“OK Guys,

Here's a hint about shooting dirty. We want two different types of lubes; one for the bullet and one for the lube cookie.

Question 1: What type of lube do we want for the bullet lube, GG and PP?

Question 2: What type of lube do we want for the lube-cookie, GG and PP?”

Finding the nut on this would open up a few doors….
Kenny Wasserburger

Re: No one ever answered this question…

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

At that time,

I was still laid up in a hospital bed, and still in tough shape, trying to learn how to deal with not being able to put wt on that leg.

Dan died in May. And I went home a few weeks later.

Kenny W.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

I have had considerable success with a hunting load that has a very thick lube cookie over 3/8 of an inch. Poly wad on top of the powder then the lube cookie and poly wad on top of the lube cookie it will keep 17 consecutive shots at 167 yards in a group 4 inches tall by 6 inches wide. Kneeling off cross sticks a 7°below zero. Barrel is slathered with grease from chamber to muzzle 28 inch business Rifle with 105 grs of very hot Goex Express, and my .441 round nose PP bullet I designed. Wrapping with Buffalo Arms 9# paper to .447. A few blows in the breach keeps it running fine. Kills the hell out of Buffalo, 4 to date. Grease cookie is Sidra Bagwells Black Magic Lube. Shiloh Business rifle in 45-110. Bullet is flat based, and shoots quite well to 200 yards. I used the original Government 500 gr nose shape.

Kenny Wasserburger
Ps the mould is a catalog item from BACO.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Yup hospital ain’t no fun place to be…

To my way of thinking, there are two different things going on to cover here…the bullet is traveling through the bore and you have to control leading (GG). Next you have a wall of fouling coming right after the lube cookie. Would you be putting down lube (GG) and then trying to add moisture (lube cookie)??