Accurate assement

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ian45662

Re: Accurate assement

Post by ian45662 »

One must just shoot whatever they want. Get good with whatever bullet they want to use. The first match I ever won was with paper patch and that also happened to be the first match I used paper patch in. After that I was hooked. Almost a year after that I had shot myself into master class with irons and scope. If you would have told me one year ago that I would be switching back to greasers I would have told you that your nucking futs but here we are. I didn’t think I was able to win matches with grease groove bullet or shoot master scores with grease groove ammo but I now know that’s not the case. Both are equally capable, and with that being the case I’m going to stay with the grease groove ammunition since I can make it so much quicker. It’s not a move I am making because I think one shoots better than the other. Grease groove ammo will just allow me to shoot more and keep my rifle fed and my wife’s rifle as well.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Back to the original question of how to make an accurate assessment of a specific variable.

Is it even possible?

I see it being done all the time on this forum without the actual data to back it up.

Even the Desert Deceptor uses suspect data to back up his beliefs. As do I.

Do we have to go back to his " balanced load" and Coltsmokes " just practice a lot with what you have" and all the data in the world is irrelevant ?
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Yep, sounds like the political decision-making process. Whose certainty shall I follow? Did I mention I'm in the market for another mold...
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

It's all "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday". Back in the Coor's Sheutzen days we always said "If the winner claimed to have a dog turd in his back pocket, next match everyone would be shooting with a dog turd in there pocket". YRMV
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Oh no! I fear Bohemianway has given SEMTAV ideas.

It's all "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday". Back in the Coor's Sheutzen days we always said "If the winner claimed to have a dog turd in his back pocket, next match everyone would be shooting with a dog turd in there pocket". YRMV

SEMTAV doesn't need any help dreaming up snit. Canine variety or otherwise. :roll:

That said, check the equipment reports posted in Black Powder Cartridge News. Now that is data in black and white. :wink: But it does require a smidgen of literacy to comprehend. :mrgreen:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
semtav

Post by semtav »

I can't believe bw gave away my secret when he promised not to. When my competitors eyes are always watering I stand a better chance of winning. plus I get a lot more room to lay out my shooting apparatus !!

( the secret is not using dry turds)