Flexible cleaning rod.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

BarrettM82

Flexible cleaning rod.

Post by BarrettM82 »

Hi All, New to this Forum and to BPCR shooting. I have done Muzzleloader shooting with a .54 cal Thompson Renegade. I was able to fall onto a Shiloh 1874 Sharps in 45 3/4 at MLGS. I am looking for info on where to buy a flexible cleaning rod. I have read in this Forum about a Delwin Cleaning Rod but I am unable to find any on the web.Are they still in business? If not are there any other Flexible rods on the market? Thanks
Minerat

Re: Flexible cleaning rod.

Post by Minerat »

Mine is a delrin rod. Here is a link with a lot of good info on what you are looking for. I included a link to what I bought from Grainger in the thread.

viewtopic.php?p=342818#p342818
Steve,

NRA Life Member
CRC member
PhilRich

Post by PhilRich »

You will find them ready to go at Track of the Wolf online.
BarrettM82

Post by BarrettM82 »

Thanks everyone.I ordered one from track of the Wolf
77 sharps

Post by 77 sharps »

In my soft case for my hunting rifles, I carry a Treso 5/16 loading rod. The threaded brass end has a.44 jag for cleaning my .44 and.45’s, and I cut grooves in the bare end for cleaning the.40 caliber’s.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

The old TRESCO cleaning rods!

Back-In-The-Day, I became quite familiar with a TRESCO as I was responsible for one of the battery's .50 Browning M2s. You cannot wear them out or bend them. Bought a GI issue .50 calibre rod at a gun show probably 35 years ago and it is still going strong. A machinists made an adapter so I could utilize the #8 thread jag and brushes. Damn, that was a long time ago! Thanks for making me remember those days and "my .50 Browning"....
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....