Where In the World are You From?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TexasMac

Re: Where In the World are You From?

Post by TexasMac »

BrazosDrifter

Check out the Yaupon Creek Silhouette Association (YCSA) matches near Columbus, TX, which is the match closest to you. We have one shooter that drives from Rockport to shoot with us. The website is www.yauponcreek.org. We have both big bore & .22 BPCR matches 2 to 3 times a month depending on the month. The calendar on the website is correct & there are driving instructions on the website. If you need more information you are welcome to contact me at texasmac@sbcglobal.net.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
mongo40

Post by mongo40 »

SW Okla. born an raised here. Spent 22 yrs in the Army then when I retired I moved back to Okla. I'm a teacher at our local school here now for something to do. Was coaching to but that's to much work, I'll let the young fellas handle that.
Chris Wilson
Chris Wilson
Woody

Post by Woody »

Thanks for your service.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ranch23

Post by ranch23 »

38-72 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:43 am I too am only second generation American, my grandparents were German sugar beet farmers from the Volga River area in Russia. They 1st settled in Eastern Montana then moved to Washington State when my dad was very young. I grew up as a farm kid and I now reside on the dry and very conservative east side of the state hoping that someday we can separate from the liberal wet (west) side. I am now retired after over 30 years of service as a Public Health inspector.
Do you know what a Milton planter is?
Coltwcf44

Post by Coltwcf44 »

I do. We still use one.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Ok please tell the rest of us what it is
semtav

Post by semtav »

jackrabbit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:16 pm Ok please tell the rest of us what it is

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/threa ... etCookie=1

Check out the last entry of where they are made :lol:
1minute

Post by 1minute »

As a kid: Tenn, Va, and WVa. For the last 50 yrs SE Oregon.
1Minute
ranch23

Post by ranch23 »

jackrabbit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:16 pm Ok please tell the rest of us what it is
The Milton is an extremely accurate all mechanical planter. Used for a lot of crops but primarily onions and sugar beets. I built the Milton and was Plant Manager in Casper, WY. Lots of good folks used the Milton but I never knew any of them as BPCR shooters.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Born in Wichita, KS, but grew up on the family dairy farm (purchased in 1895) outside of Waukomis, OK. Ancestors came over to MA in the the 1620s. Learned to dislike large animals that like to step on your feet (cows, horses, etc.). Spent over 8yr in the nuc Navy before returning to school to become an engineer. Lived in PA, CT, NM & TX before retiring to southern NJ (wife & I like being near the ocean). Very pleasant being surrounded by truck farms & orchids and a 15 minute drive from the beach. Been here 24 years and am likely to stay, with 3 ranges within a 30 minute drive.
Glenn
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Coltsmoke wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:22 pm Peckerwood Ga. They made shine and lived on roadkill. Got run out of everywhere else.
Gerald - you have been much more honest than many of us. :wink:
Glenn
grass range

Post by grass range »

Montana, 3rd generation
Gary Kruger
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

I'm seventy-three years old, born in 1950. I've lived in SE WA State most of my life. My dad was raised on a wheat farm near Colfax, WA (the Palouse country) which is on the eastern side of the State. If it hadn't have been for my dad having severe respiratory problems I'd have become a wheat farmer myself like his dad. I love the country. My dad thought it important for me to grow up hunting/shooting game, catching fish, and camping. We hunted upland birds a lot - pheasant, ducks, Hungarian partridge (Huns), and chukar. And, caught every type of fish from sunfish, bass, steelhead and salmon that we could find. He raised me right - in the outdoors. My wife and I raised our three children on a small one-acre parcel of ground in Benton City, WA. I raised them the way my dad raised me. They're very hard-working, productive adults today. I'm downright thankful for this! My wife was raised very close to this 'pattern' as well, only she WAS a farmers daughter. I got into competition shooting at age thirteen by joining the NRA, and shot .22 rifles competitively. I loved it. I was good at it. I also shot 100 & 200-yard benchrest competition for years as an adult. I quit that when I bought my first Shiloh Sharps. I still own bench guns, but I just can't leave the Sharps alone. Enuf said. I'm very, VERY thankful that my eyesight is better than 20/20 today!
Robert
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.
ShermanCoShooter

Post by ShermanCoShooter »

I live on a dry land wheat farm in north central Oregon. we raise soft white wheat and it gets trucked to the river terminals on the Columbia River where it is loaded onto river barges to export terminals in Portland Oregon and Vancouver Wa. All the soft white wheat raised in Or. Wa. and Idaho is shipped overseas where it is made into noodles and sponge cake type products.
The weather is always nice here, little on the dry side, and the wind can really blow
Maxson

Post by Maxson »

I am from the Oregon Coast near Tillamook, my first Sharps (and probably only so a number of nice features), a #1 Sporter 32 in, extra-fancy walnut, AA finish, steel shotgun butt plate, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, accent line on the cheek piece, bone & charcoal pack harden case colors, polished barrel, polished/fireblued screws. It is currently in production, hoping it will be finished this spring. I have never owned or fired a trap door style rifle. Hoping to make connections in NW Oregon with someone or a group to get a few pointers from.