Fouling control

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

J.Murphy

Fouling control

Post by J.Murphy »

I was wondering if a proven load would be affected by switching from blow tube to wiping, with respect to POA and velocity, or once one mefthod was established it shouldn't be changed?
desert deuce

Re: Fouling control

Post by desert deuce »

Mr. Murphy. Based on past experiences the answer to your question "MAY BE" you will have to try it in your rifle to find out.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Yes
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

I believe that if you develop your load with a blowtube, you are best served with keeping that method and vise versa.

Keep on hav'n fun!
MikeT
Nuclearcricket

Post by Nuclearcricket »

Just going out on a limb a bit, I would think that changing control methods would have some effect on point of impact especially if moving from blowing to wiping. But it does sound like an experiment coming up letting us know if, what and how much things change. If nothing else I will be interested in hearing how things change or work out.
Sam
Woody

Post by Woody »

Coltsmoke is correct. Point of impact will change, but in my experience, if you have developed an accurate load with either method, your load will be accurate with the alternate method of fouling control. The past year I shot every match, except the trapdoor matches using BACO bore pigs. Finally in November, I decided to shoot the match using a blow tube. Shot my first master score in two years and won the match that day. The difference is minimal.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

I read a lot of, "I believe ", or "l think" that doesn't get it. If you haven't done it, just say I don't know, If you want to contribute to the thread volunteer to test your load and see. I have believed a few things that I thought, or I just knew would work, that didn't. Dan T would have a big time with some of this crowd.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Colt, you left out one possibility, those that don't want to know. :roll:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!