Paul Jones

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tom Trevor

Paul Jones

Post by Tom Trevor »

I just received a call from David Jones to let me know hid father Paul Jones had passed away. The finest maker of custom molds it had been my pleasure to know and shoot with.
desert deuce

Re: Paul Jones

Post by desert deuce »

A really good man Paul Jones besides being The Bullet Mould maker.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

I had many conversations with Paul with every mould I purchased from him he reminded me of his Canadian heritage
He made fantastic moulds and understood the intricacies of changing the nose shapes and balancing the center of gravity with the number and depth of the grease grooves.
RIP Paul we will miss you.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

I remember being interviewed when I called Paul to order a Scheutzen mould. He wanted to be sure I knew how to cast. That mould, like all his others, was absolutely to spec and finely accurate.

Clarence
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Sorry to hear this :(
He was very easy to deal with and I still use his Creedmoor mould.
He was an amazing machinist :!:
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

Sad news. I bought three molds from Paul from my little .22 mold for my Cody Ballard Schoyen model, to my 535 gr. for my Hepburn in .45-70, and all are perfect. One of the few molds I own that bullets almost always drop out just opening the molds.
He will be missed.
22Ballard

Post by 22Ballard »

This is sad news indeed. I always enjoyed speaking with him, even if I wasn’t ordering a mold, he would say call any time. He was always considerate and gave out information freely. I never found any molds that could compare to his. He will be missed.
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I had asked Paul Jones about what sizer die I should use for his 45-70 Shiloh Creedmoor 540 gr. bullet 45001 mould. I was amazed at his response as I was just on my second mould from anywhere. He told me that I didn’t need no sizer for his moulds at .459” just lube and shoot as his moulds are perfect and didn’t need to size a perfect bullet. The accuracy of that mould with 20:1 alloy is what I compare all other moulds to.