NRA

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DeadEye

Re: NRA

Post by DeadEye »

RB1Shooter, appreciate that and understand how things can get a little confusing. It's all good. Not only that, getting a special dispensation from DD is about as a good as a 'get out of jail card - FREE'. Thanks DD.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Imperative for American Patriots to keep the air clear between our future citizens above the High Line and the current ones residing below. 8)
Thank you RB1Shooter for stepping up. :D
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

DD, there you go getting my hopes up again.

Paul
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

If you only knew? You and Spot hang in there. Do you still receive email?
semtav

Post by semtav »

DeadEye wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:42 am getting a special dispensation from DD is about as a good as a 'get out of jail card - FREE'. Thanks DD.

Paul

Hmmmm !!
I seem to get a lot of "SPECIAL" dispensations from DD too.

Must have a different meaning of the word "special"up there in the frozen tundra.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

DD, yes we do, mail away.

Brian, a lot of things have changed their meaning up here in the last eight years such as democracy no longer means what it used to so long as our present dictator is in office.

Now as to the term 'special'?? I consider anything I get from DD as being 'special'. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Paul
ranch23

Post by ranch23 »

mike herth wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:22 pm Have any of you BP guys had any discussions with the "powers that be" in WY about that "world class" shooting facility that's being talked about? I'm sure it's down the road aways if it even happens, but getting in discussions with the planners early on could be fruitful one way or the other relative to a BP facility separate from the long range high power folks. Who knows what could happen!
I have been in contact as much as possible, even submitted to be on the board, but it's like everything else that involves the government. We are at the submit your site for consideration stage.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Ranch 23, which government agency are you dealing with and where is their office located that services the area the proposed range is in?
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Lapierre & his number 1 money-man ordered to repay over $6million to the NRA. A step in the right direction.
Glenn
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

It doesn’t come close to what’s missing. It is a start though.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I replied to this post by Ranch23 Jan 19th, still have not received a reply: "I have been in contact as much as possible, even submitted to be on the board, but it's like everything else that involves the government. We are at the submit your site for consideration stage." So?
Chip Mate

Post by Chip Mate »

I too have had contact with the NRA about the 200 yard record and was informed by e-mail that they are under staffed and would get back to me on the matter. It has been almost 2 years and no response , I stood in front of the match director and filled out the forms and signed them. I suspect that the forms were never turned in. I could not get any response from MRS Ring on the matter to repeated private messages on this forum. I will not support any NRA sanctioned matches because I am tired of being crapped on and will not encourage any one to participate in a match that they are affiliated with. It will stay that way until the NRA changes their way of operation and puts the shooters first and MONEY second that they have not earned. I dont post alot here but this thread really pissed me off when I read it. Turning the other cheek so to speak looks like another slap in the face is on the way. I ran a business for 37 years and If I treated customers the way we were treated I would not have made it a year. The NRA will have to make amends to every shooter that has been affected by their actions. I will thank them for protecting our gun rights but not for trying to get back in our wallets via these matches that are on the horizon.
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

Never received a message from you, Mr. Mate. Must have been a glitch.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

desert deuce wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:57 pm I replied to this post by Ranch23 Jan 19th, still have not received a reply: "I have been in contact as much as possible, even submitted to be on the board, but it's like everything else that involves the government. We are at the submit your site for consideration stage." So?
The Wy state legislature set aside a large sum of money in the 22 session to form a commission to look at the possibility of the state building a shooting complex. As with any political/good ol boy commissions it's liable to be a good time had by the handful that were selected to be on the commission. Probably take years to get the thing settled in, if the funding to build the thing would be approved. Just the land to put one on will cost a million bucks at the minimum, and that's not going to go down well with all the illegal immigrants that have flocked here from the communist countries mostly located in the eastern, central and pacific time zones...
This year is a 20 day budget session and while there's not a lot of good that will come from it, they did vote to eliminate gun free zones, but they are spending and inordinate amount of time fighting about whether or not to defund the DEI group with the University, and strip the governors slush fund for green energy.. And today they're going on about how it'll cost another couple million to convene special sessions to override the expected governor's veto on the few good things that look to be passed out of session.

But there was a post shared by a known bpcr shooter showing the progress South Dakota is making on their shooting complex just north of Rapid City, but the video looked to be mostly pistol bays and the like..
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Approximately 56% of Wyoming is listed as Public Land. That is over one half of Wyoming.
The politics and fortunes of all Americans is evolving. Good chance within a year we will see a brand new America heading in a much different direction than what we have experienced these past 3 or so years. If the people of Wyoming really want this range they will have it. BUT, you better have exactly what you need and a layout, with drawings, range facing directions, pits, etc on paper and agreed to before someone or some someone's present this wonderful project to this committee for final approval. This is not a Chicken or Egg situation. When you give the right plan to the right people good things can happen. BUT, you have to first have the "RIGHT PLAN" presented to the Committee by the right people. Nobody is going to do it for you.