Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ShermanCoShooter

NRA

Post by ShermanCoShooter »

Wayne LaPierre is gone
Tom Trevor

Re: NRA

Post by Tom Trevor »

Just saw he resigned today just before trial.
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

WOW...never thought I'd see the day. That New York lib must have the goods on him for real.
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

As much as I am glad to see him go, that Letitia James attorney general is a a complete beotch. Be interesting to see the direction they go under new leadership. Hopefully not the same as the old leadership.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Go NY AG. Hope she rips the NRA a new one and gets rid of the rest of lapierre's cronies so we can get the NRA back to doing what it is supposed to be doing with our $$. I'll believe it when I see it. Lapierre was not alone................
Glenn
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

Yup he sure as hell had plenty of help looting the coffers of members money! If things go well, this could be a re-birth for the NRA, Might be worth looking into attending a convention if things get cleaned up and BP shooting gets recognized as a real thing again....
letfly

Post by letfly »

my bet is bankruptcy and dissolution.
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

2 words: Good Riddance.

Wayne LaPierre was a government activist and lobbyist since receiving his master's degree in government and politics then started running the NRA.

Let’s see, a masters in government and politics.
That’s a fancy way of telling you he is a crook.

That’s just my opinion.

KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

The dictator has resigned, but his generals still hold positions. All those who supported him, or looked the other way as he embezzled monies from the NRA should be tossed out, or indicted too. As long as the old cronies are still there the odds are one of them will takeover, and may be doing the same thing again.
I think anyone who takes over this office should be someone LaPierre ran off, as not sure we can trust anyone else. And his office should be voted on in the future by the membership, not appointed by cronies!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

OK folks, think this through.

We still have no idea who his replacement may be, much less why he left.

Moreover, we can assume that the entire current board was hand picked by Wayne as were the program managers, and committee chairs. If you understand what that means organizationally it should quell your excitement.

Any organization with serious systemic problems changes slowly and painfully. Never overnight.

You need to know what his retirement package ended up being, maybe he intentionally orchestrated his forced departure to his own benefit at members huge expense. And No, I will neither confirm nor deny that I have or heard such information.

I will say this, it is always about power and money, money and power.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
RK

Post by RK »

SSShooter wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:33 pm Go NY AG. Hope she rips the NRA a new one and gets rid of the rest of lapierre's cronies so we can get the NRA back to doing what it is supposed to be doing with our $$. I'll believe it when I see it. Lapierre was not alone................
spoken like a true leftist democrat. To support a democrat AG you must really hate this country. Your democrat leaders blind you to the fact that this has nothing to do with justice, but just another part of the plan to destroy the 2nd amendment.
bobw

Post by bobw »

RK wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:13 pm
SSShooter wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:33 pm Go NY AG. Hope she rips the NRA a new one and gets rid of the rest of lapierre's cronies so we can get the NRA back to doing what it is supposed to be doing with our $$. I'll believe it when I see it. Lapierre was not alone................
spoken like a true leftist democrat. To support a democrat AG you must really hate this country. Your democrat leaders blind you to the fact that this has nothing to do with justice, but just another part of the plan to destroy the 2nd amendment.
Pretty much spot on but you know how long it would of took to get rid of wlp? He had it fixed by the BOD that he had the job for life. Granted one should not have had an enemy of the 2nd do it. There hasn't been any honest decency in the NRA 's operation in how many years? How he was pressured out at this time is water over the dam. Now it is time to sweep all the wlp scum he left behind ( new board, new operations people, everyone replced and organizational check system that sees to it never happening again. And any golden parachute he.might have aranged. He should be strung up.bobw
bobw
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

House cleaning sounds great, but.... there's always a "but".

Who wants the job?? Total house cleaning? More "buts". Just like politics, someone has to know how to keep things running or we will get overrun.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Understand Gussy they need to get Chris Cox back the previous ILA director..bobw
bobw
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

Yeah I think you could start with Chris Cox and Ollie North and others who questioned WLP and then were thrown out of the boat for it. There are plenty of qualified people who would like these jobs.