NRA

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Re: NRA

Post by jackrabbit »

It is still a thing, at least in spirit. We still follow WSU rules on our schuetzen matches, but there is nobody keeping records or selling memberships. I'd like to think it may come to life again one day, but I can't really see how at the moment. Like BPTR, schuetzen suffers from the problem of not enough current interest to be a big deal.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

JackRabbit: thanks for the reply.
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
bobw

Post by bobw »

jackrabbit wrote: Like BPTR, schuetzen suffers from the problem of not enough current interest to be a big deal.
And that fellow shiloh rifle forum members, is the whole total and sum of declining participation in silhouette, bptr and others. The why is that it is fairly expensive and lack of new people getting involved. I won't bore anyone with what a new rifle and sights too compete with costs. Or molds as well as the other casting equipment and shooting accessories. Nor in the least quality spotting equipment because without a quality spotter and person who can SPOT your abilities as a shooter are being wasted. Next the totally increasing costs and availibility of bp, PRIMERS, hard to find brass and decently priced lead and tin. Costs also include lodging, meals, travel whether on the big bird from Australia or from 2-4 states away in a pickup pulling your camper. Money lots of it to be spent in a economy that has gone crazy caused by people like Joe Biden and the idiots who vote for him and his loser party.
Thru the spring till fall once a month on a Sunday I attend a small local shoot on gongs at 100, 200,300 and 400 yds. Sighters and 5 for score at each yardage. 20 shots total for score and 4-5 hrs 80 miles round trip and no entry fee. They keep score and everyone is conscious of it lots of friendly rivalry. No trophies or costs to our host and most of us pick up paint for the steel. Pretty simple really all shooting no deluxe stuff it takes to.pacify some folks. You need water, sunscreen, and a snack or sandwich to have the best day of the month. BP only. Some stick around and shoot the bp pistol match. In a world where we increasingly have to value our time it takes me < than 10 minutes to load my stuff and go. Really simple and fun. We forget that is a big plus in any activity. There are no classes or trophies for the gamers, no 5 star outhouses either.
So ask yourself what do you want out of a shooting match simple or elaborate? I need a little of both ,the monthly match and rhe Q plus the Mt 1000 as well as Big Hill they take care of my needs. To each his own and more power to you..bobw
bobw
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

It would seem that you are beating a dead horse with the cometition division.

Maybe instead form a multistate nra club with enough members to get grants from the nra for ranges. Once the range is built the expensive part is done. The range could then be used for any matches. On a local platform.
This is over simplified but the concept may work.
I remember when Ben Avery was being considered. Everybody in the shooting community wrote to the powers to be and voted. We got the range invested in over other forms of outdoor programs.
We just need to show a need for enough shooters
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
bobw

Post by bobw »

The nra needs to be factored out completely. WLP arranged for his successor. Until you flush all the turds in the toilet bowl you can't clean it with success. Forgive and forget? My ass. History of financial wrongdoing will repeat itself until Wayne and his cronys and the board are flushed. No other 2 ways about it , competition budget has been cut 90%. To make sure Wayne gets his . At this time bankruptcy to eliminate Wayne's golden parachute retirement is the only way back to normalcy. Not to mention the flushing of all who allowed him to destroy and diminish the NRA so it won't happen again.
Next it's an old argument going back to the Neal Knox era. Is the NRA's mission to fight for our 2nd amendment rights or to spend money on competitions? In 1874 they didn't have to fight non stop attempts to curtail the second but that sadly is not the case today. They aren't funding competitions and their other missions either. They are spending to much to defend crooked Wayne and corruption charges against the organization. No one has to like what I said. I'd like to see them like they used to be fighting anti- gun legislation and supporting competition as well as safe firearms use. NONE of that will happen until Wayne and his crooked cronys as well as the board are flushed. It's that damned simple. Millions of dollars from millions of members have been stolen by Wayne and crew, that ought to make you mad as hell. Bobw
bobw
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

The NRA didn't have to fight for 2nd Amendment rights back in 1874, but they did have to fight for shooter's rights. The governor of New York State was antigun, and hated the idea of the Creedmoor range and matches being held there. The NRA fought to save the Creedmoor range, but the governor refused to allow the NYS National Guard to participate, and did all he could to refuse any financial aide to the range, thus ending it's existence, and Creedmoor became a development.
Not long after the NRA went under and wasn't revived until around 1892 when they again supported matches at Sea Girt.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

DeadEye wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:25 am In the news this morning and it's not good.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... 68e3&ei=28
Paul
If I read this correctly, WLP & his cronies (their law firm is one of the biggest of his cronies) have been spending $40million per year these last few years on themselves. Hopefully this trial will claw some of that back for support of what the NRA was & should be about. Not holding my breath.
Glenn
RK

Post by RK »

SSShooter wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:33 pm
DeadEye wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:25 am In the news this morning and it's not good.
Paul
If I read this correctly, WLP & his cronies (their law firm is one of the biggest of his cronies) have been spending $40million per year these last few years on themselves. Hopefully this trial will claw some of that back for support of what the NRA was & should be about. Not holding my breath.
The Democrat leaders have labeled the NRA as a domestic terrorist organization. If you’re telling us that a democrat AG is doing all this to make a better and stronger NRA that will benefit gun owners and gun rights, then could you and Hunter Biden be smoking together?
sackett

Post by sackett »

RK wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:27 pm
SSShooter wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:33 pm
Paul
The Democrat leaders have labeled the NRA as a domestic terrorist organization. If you’re telling us that a democrat AG is doing all this to make a better and stronger NRA that will benefit gun owners and gun rights, then could you and Hunter Biden be smoking together?
I believe you complete misunderstood what was being said. With the trial, it will bring to the forefront that WLP is gone (and hopefully his cronies) and that maybe those people that dropped the NRA because of him, will come back and help restore and bring back the NRA to what it once was.

Nothing about the AG was said......not sure why you keep pushing that agenda.....
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

Deadeye, just who do you think is running this trial? This NY AG wants you, I and every legal gun owner in this country, stripped of their firearms and have them thrown into the pot of molten metal to be cast into wind farms and EV's. Nothing good for any of us comes out of this other than your personal satisfaction that, "You and others, vicariously 9through the AG, got the man!"

You state, "we can only hope..." well "hells bells", how long have you been saying WLP has to go? The last time I checked, we are the NRA! We control our own organization, not some lefty AG who is simply out to destroy us. So why is it that 3 million+ members who feel WLP and his cronies are crooks, can't apply enough pressure to our board directors to fire WLP and find a suitable replacement?

I am not defending WLP or his cronies by anymeans. However, I am not going to "saddle up" with a bunch of complainers that are willing to let a very liberal AG destroy a very strong and vocal organization that independently, stands up and fights for it's members and non-members 2nd amendment rights. Yes I want a good competition committee that listens and helps our shooting disciplines. But, they can do no good if our sporting tools are taken from us.

I suggest that the bitching stop and contacts to the new VP start with, a positive forward looking approach, to help bring our BPCR sport(s) back. I can't speak for the BPCR target shooters, not my game but, as an avid silhouette shooter, I find nothing more challenging or exciting as to hear the clang and watch the animal fly off the rail while patting my spotter on the back knowing how much he/she helped guide the way.
RK

Post by RK »

RB1Shooter wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:16 pm Deadeye, just who do you think is running this trial? This NY AG wants you, I and every legal gun owner in this country, stripped of their firearms and have them thrown into the pot of molten metal to be cast into wind farms and EV's. Nothing good for any of us comes out of this other than your personal satisfaction that, "You and others, vicariously 9through the AG, got the man!"

You state, "we can only hope..." well "hells bells", how long have you been saying WLP has to go? The last time I checked, we are the NRA! We control our own organization, not some lefty AG who is simply out to destroy us. So why is it that 3 million+ members who feel WLP and his cronies are crooks, can't apply enough pressure to our board directors to fire WLP and find a suitable replacement?

I am not defending WLP or his cronies by anymeans. However, I am not going to "saddle up" with a bunch of complainers that are willing to let a very liberal AG destroy a very strong and vocal organization that independently, stands up and fights for it's members and non-members 2nd amendment rights. Yes I want a good competition committee that listens and helps our shooting disciplines. But, they can do no good if our sporting tools are taken from us.

I suggest that the bitching stop and contacts to the new VP start with, a positive forward looking approach, to help bring our BPCR sport(s) back. I can't speak for the BPCR target shooters, not my game but, as an avid silhouette shooter, I find nothing more challenging or exciting as to hear the clang and watch the animal fly off the rail while patting my spotter on the back knowing how much he/she helped guide the way.
Excellent explanation. A child could see what’s going on.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

RB1Shooter, I just read through all my posts on this. You quote me as saying something I did not. Please show by quotes where I said what you infer. You are putting words in my mouth. All I did was post a link to a news article that shows the desperate financial position the NRA is in. I made no political statement, not my place to do so.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Sometimes emotions get involved and chases reason away. Recommend RB1 Shooter reread the combined quotes and figure this out for himself. In the mean time I am issuing Deadeye a full pardon mostly based on his pure heart and good looks not to mention the dispensation is also valid in Canada.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Acting like the nra members have any say at all in the board or the decisions made….smdh. We members have no say whatsoever. The ballots they mail out are worthless. You think wlp don’t rig the elections to keep his personal atm running?

When/if the nra gets new leadership and claws back the money from Wayne and his grifter buddies, I’ll consider donating to them. Not until those two things are completed.
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

DE,

I apologize. I went back and re-read posts and a number of them buried together. Yours at the top and I did not recognize others under neath so I thought it was you. I apologize and stand corrected regarding who said what. Thank you for letting me know.