Double set trigger conversion

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim VanMiddlesworth

Double set trigger conversion

Post by Jim VanMiddlesworth »

I have a Sharps 1859 carbine that had been converted to 50-70. Sometime in its life someone fitted a heavy, octagon .22 LR barrel to it and converted the breech block to rim fire. The stock is the original carbine stock.

Being a single, military trigger it is very heavy and not conducive to target shooting. Has anyone here done a conversion to DST? It looks like I'll need the trigger plate assembly, a new tumbler and fly and probably have to relieve the inside of the stock to accommodate the new trigger plate. Dixie Gun Works
Has all the parts but I don't know what the quality is. I've bought from them over the years and repro parts quality can be hit or miss.
"Dyin' aint much of a livin', boy"
bobw

Re: Double set trigger conversion

Post by bobw »

Just a question, does your rifle have a long dst lever or the shorter one of a single trigger? How much you want for the rifle? I've thought for a long time that a 74 in 22lr chambering would be great with functionable ejector, std wt barrel 26-28", nice wood, all the bells and whistles would live forever in a person's use and enjoyment..bobw
bobw