Laser Training

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

JBS

Laser Training

Post by JBS »

Does anyone know of a laser training system for 45-70, I think would help my chickens.
Thank you for your time.
Don McDowell

Re: Laser Training

Post by Don McDowell »

It would be possible to machine a dummy cartridge for the 45-70 that would accept one of the Strikeman laser cartridges.
But most likely you would be further ahead to use a Crossno 22 liner, and get actual live fire.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
steveu834

Post by steveu834 »

Get some snap caps and dry fire, dry fire, dry fire!!! And work on your position. This will help your offhand.
lkmcd1

Post by lkmcd1 »

I use this: "LaserLyte LT-PRE Universal Laser Trainer for Handguns with Sound Activated Training Laser for Dry Fire Practice with Personal EDC or CCW Firearm"
Although it says it is for handguns, it works just fine in rifles between 38 and 45 cal. You can use any laser training app with it. I normally use the itarget app. When you install it into the bore at the muzzle and twist it to expand the plastic locking collet, it is firmly attached and will not move. It will probably not be perfectly on target with your current sight setting, but it can be adjusted if you want the poa and poi to agree. I normally leave it as installed and try to minimize group size.
To me, it is more fun to use the laser than just dry firing.
Hope this helps
Larry