Recoil Therapy Channel

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Graybeard

Recoil Therapy Channel

Post by Graybeard »

Does anyone know this gentleman?? Been watching he’s videos on YouTube. Noticed some are gone just wondering if he to them down or YouTube?? Thanks
kwilliams

Re: Recoil Therapy Channel

Post by kwilliams »

They had been at the Quigley and did a interview with Al Lee.
kw
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Hey guys….RTC is my channel. Here’s the story…

I started off, basically just shooting videos of me blasting with various guns. I shot several videos up at a private ranch in Tonasket with the guys from the Sagebrush Longshots channel. They take a fairly relaxed approach towards ringing steel at 1000 yards… I had bigger competition in mind.

I started shooting video at the Quigley three years ago. Since then, I’ve lost my video editor, and had to learn how to do it myself. My Quigley video has gotten better and the goal for that was to show people exactly what it really looked like to shoot in a match. Prior to my videos, there were no videos on YouTube of anybody actually shooting at the Quigley. It was all newscast type video. They didn’t really show much shooting but showed a lot of people jawboning about what a great time they were having.

Now that I’ve gotten more and more involved in long range, black powder shooting, the channel is going to go that direction as well. I’ll still post an occasional video of me just blasting away on a pistol range with some cool gun but for the most part, it’s gonna be all about long range, black powder, and what it takes to be involved in this sport.

Regarding the videos that have been taken down, they all featured imported Italian firearms, and they didn’t exactly present the sport in the way I want to present it. I think that anybody who makes video and gets better over time looks back on the video they made before and kind of cringes… No different with me!

Regarding the video of me interviewing Al Lee… Al was very gracious the entire time and had great stories to tell, unfortunately, my video was screwed up because the audio quality was unintelligible. My goal was to make a video thanking Al Lee for doing everything that he had done for the sport and launching the Quigley Match, but a lot of people simply didn’t want to be involved. That includes a number of really big name shooters. I even made a public appeal over the PA system at the Quigley award ceremony. Only newer shooters really seemed to want to take part. I edited the video that I did have the best way I could and posted it. Sadly, I never got another chance to shoot a second video with Al.
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

I got a PM regarding videos but it says that I can’t view PM’s that are “on hold”….not sure what that means.
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

That happened to me - I deleted a bunch of my old PM’s. Seemed to solve the problem -I think I had too many old PM messages and reached my limit. That may or may not be your issue but give it a try.
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

Haha it worked!
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Great! Yeah, there is a certain amount of memory allocated for PM’s and when that is exceeded it puts any incoming messages on hold until you delete some of the older messages.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Johnny

Thanks for posting those 900 and 1000 yd videos.
Gives a person a good perspective of the differences between those and gong shoots.

Too bad you ff'd a lot of the discussions. They were the most interesting.

Just one question tho. Who was that guy dressed like an Eskimo helping you ?!was it really sub zero there?
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

semtav wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:28 pm Johnny

Thanks for posting those 900 and 1000 yd videos.
Gives a person a good perspective of the differences between those and gong shoots.

Too bad you ff'd a lot of the discussions. They were the most interesting.

Just one question tho. Who was that guy dressed like an Eskimo helping you ?!was it really sub zero there?
I tried to keep the important stuff in the video…unedited, each would have been over an hour long.

As for the guy spotting…..yeah….. I think you’re just looking to bait me into getting caught up in this long-running feud you’ve got going over proper shooting of washing machines or some such LOL!!! I’m gonna steer clear!!