Friendship March 2024

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship March 2024

Post by Woody »

It's a new year, and the first match in Friendship, Indiana for 2024 was held this past weekend. On Friday, 24 shooters competed for the silver coins with 13 Traditional rifles and 11 modern on the line. The conditions were cool but not too cold and the winds were mild. A few rain sprinkles passed through during the match but did not seem to impact the scores. When the last shot was fired, three different final positions required shoot-offs to determine third traditional, second and first traditional and third and second modern. Those results are listed below:

Modern
1st - Keith Ux - 34
2nd - Stewart Atwood - 32
3rd - Jake Stuehrenberg - 32

Traditional
1st - Richard Wood (Woody) - 35
2nd - Mel Barnell - 35
3rd - Joe Fortcamp - 33

On Saturday the wind machine cranked up at dawn and didn't let up all day. Along with the wind came chilling temperatures. I know my thumbs were frozen stiff by the time I finished my first relay. As you can see by the results listed below, score were significantly reduced by the conditions with a top score of 22/40 taking home the silver.
3.23.24 bpcr scores.jpg
Sunday, dawned with a few less shooters present. I don't know if it was the wind or the temp that sent them packing. Again it was cold at the start of the match, but the wind laid down considerably and the spotters at least had mirage to assist them with coaching the shooters. Scores were up as can seen by the excellent 31 posted by Brad Parmer. This is Brad's first Master score of I suspect many more to come.
3.24.24 bpcr scores.jpg
Woody

April is just around the corner and promises warmer weather. Don't forget to dust off your Trapdoor for next month's military rifle match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.