Montana State Match

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Greg Childress

Montana State Match

Post by Greg Childress »

Could someone post the results of the Montana State Match?
MLV

Post by MLV »

Greg: I don't have all the results in front of me, but here is what I can remember. We had a scoped day first and Steve Brooks won it with a 33. He was shooting a Shiloh .40-65 with MVA scope.

Then for the main match a fellow named Lee Earhart won with a two day score of 59. I think Lee is from the state of Washington. Ruth Gruhler was 2nd with a 58. John King was 3rd but I can't remember exactly what his score was. Probably was a 57. Ruth and John are both from Montana.

If memory serves me correctly Lee shoots a Shiloh .45-70. I know Ruth Gruhler does. John King was using a M1877 Sharps that he built up himself in .44-70 caliber. (That's right and not a typo. It was a .44 not a .45.)

On the first day we had heat, rain, hail, lightning and then cold, and winds measured up to 35 mph. For a while the turkey targets would blow down as soon as the target setters put them up. On the second day we had everything again except for the hail. It was a hard weekend and those people did great.

Sorry but I can't remember any of the AA, AAA, or Master class placers off the top of my head. And thanks for your prize donations.