How gravity can effect your bullet

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Capt Henry

How gravity can effect your bullet

Post by Capt Henry »

I have suspected this problem for a long time and just recently I found what I think is the solution to the problem of bullets acting erraticlly, or just are not reaching the target. The following was in response to a question of why he missed the target.

"That bullet hit a gravity sump. Oh yeah they'er all over the place. See, gravity acts a lot like a liquid. You didn't know that? Yeah and there are spots where the force of gravity pools up and concentrates. You can't map them because they migrate. I could shoot over one and it would just about eat my bullet up-drop it like a stone halfway to a deer ([i]target)[/i]. Next day that sump would have moved on. you could shoot there and every thing would be fine." :roll: :roll: :roll:
Field & Stream Feb 2004

That also accounts for what I have been telling my wife, some times the gravity is so strong I can barely get up out of my chair. :) I have explained this to her but she apparently does not believe in science.

[/code]
#1 Sporter 45-70, semi-fancy wood, 30 inch barrel, shotgun butt with traditional steel butt plate. pewter tip. (buffler thumper)
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

this is a rather well thought out answer to all my misses I'm glad you cleared this up for me thank you ..............Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Harlan Sage

Post by Harlan Sage »

Capt
In order for me to use the gravity sump excuse I need an explanation of why these gravity sumps follow me rather than others shooters on the firing line at the same time at the same target. It has merit, just needs some fine tuning.

Harlan
Just Shoot...EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

Guns Have 2 enemies, Rust and Politicians!
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Oh that explanation is easy. I know for a fact that gravity sumps just like some people more than others, me for instance!! :lol:
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
50 Calshtr

Post by 50 Calshtr »

I am greatly relieved to find out about this natural phenomenon. It explains why my gut and butt are migrating farther towards my knees with each passing year. What a relief, all this time I thought it was lack of exercise and an abundance of brew. Now for the acid test, will my wife buy into it?
TYRVR

Truth at last!

Post by TYRVR »

Yes! I had long suspiscioned......but now confirmation,
Thank You!
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"