1994 price check

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

woodpuppy

1994 price check

Post by woodpuppy »

What was the 1994 price of a #1 sporter, with pewter tip, extra fancy wood, with rubber butt plate? I'm trying to figure a fair price on a used Shiloh; I'm leaning real hard to ordering my own though. It would have to be a great deal.

Thanks,
Dave
Big Gun

Post by Big Gun »

Woodpuppy:

From the 1994 catalog...$1008 for the rifle w/semi-fancy wood, $142 for the pewter tip and $86.50 for the steel shotgun buttplate. I've looked at a number of older Shilohs and my personal opinion is that the ones made today are of a higher quality...both is workmanship and material. New ones are priced fairly for the quality of the product you receive.
woodpuppy

Post by woodpuppy »

Thanks!

That tells me what I need to know. An acquaintance is contemplating selling his, but he's under the impression it's worth whatever a new Shiloh would cost me today. I think not. I think I'll order my own, wait my turn, and get a custom work of art made for me!

Dave
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

I inquired of Kirk about a 63 carbine marked Shiloh products. Kirk said that when Wolfgang started to make the shilohs, the wood work was being done by a furniture company. I think this continued for a while. Kirk set me straight if wrong.
Jim Milner
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation